(5) Last Year (Ohm)

Brock opened the door and see Ohm sitting on the porch, bottle in hand. Brock slowly sat by Ohm, hugging his knees. "So... Want to talk about it?" Brock asked as Ohm leaned by the pole, slowly staring over the horizon. "I just don't get it... He acts so... Different." Ohm sighed as he took a gulp from the beer, good thing that it was still good, "last year... That party.." Ohm's gaze blurred as he remembered the painful memory,

"Goddamit Ohm! Stop Grabbing Me!" Cartoonz complained as he and Ohm played Tekken 7 together. Ohm was currently grabbing Cartoonz repeatedly, Ohm chuckled, "h-hey! Will you stop being so aggressive???" Ohm asked as Cartoonz beaten up Ohm's character, "take that!" Cartoonz yelled and Ohm just grinned, not long, a knock came from the door, "dammit, I thought we have our day off?!" Cartoonz complained as he got up, he opened the door and saw his trainer, Gorilla, now standing right in front of him, "Gorilla!" Cartoonz jumped as he happily hugged Gorilla, Gorilla chuckled then looked around, "is your boyfriend with you?" He asked as Cartoonz rolled his eyes, "I told you a thousand times that he's not my boyfriend." He replied as Gorilla stepped in, placing down his vest, Gorilla soon found Ohm on the couch, eating popcorn. "well will you look at that," Gorilla crossed his arms putting on his commanding face, Ohm looked up to see his old teacher crossing his arms together, Ohm blushed in embarrasment before jumping, "Gorilla!" He hugged the big guy and Gorilla laughed, "Yo, what's up Homie?"

"What are you doing here?" Ohm asked as Cartoonz entered the room holding two cans of beer and an orange juice for Ohm, "well... I heard that it's your final year and next year, you guys are gonna start teaching the new trainees!" Gorilla cheered as Ohm and Cartoonz laughed, "yep, we actually just started our day off like... Today." Cartoonz spoke as Ohm nodded, Gorilla grinned, "then why don't you two follow me for a bit?"

Ohm closed his mouth, hesitant to speak another word, he sighed, there's no going back now eh? He looked at Brock in the eyes, "D-did you know... I cared for him... And I just realized it that I was so scared he won't return my feelings. So I shut my mouth." He let out a shaky breath,

Ohm and Cartoonz followed the big guy around, unsure of what's going on, the three stopped in front of a mansion. "What's this? You want the three of us to steal from this place?" Cartoonz snorted, if Gorilla wants to steal he could've done it on his own. Gorilla let out a huge laugh, "no no... It's just that since you know, you guys finished your latest mission unharmed, we decided-" Gorilla pushed the gates open and revealed a cheering crowd. "To give you guys a Congratulations Party!" He exclaimed smiling, both Cartoonz and Ohm grinned, "awe, you don't have to do this Rilla!" Ohm hugged the mentor,

Around the party was the other former Vigilantes and smugglers. Cartoonz spotted a boy with a mask on, he was wearing a blue hoodie, "who's that?" He pointed out, Gorilla looked over, "oh, that's Delirious. The new kid from North Carolina, Satt got him." Gorilla exclaimed as Sattelizer came to view holding three beer bottles. "Heey guys!" He greeted as the three nodded, "Let me introduce you guys to Delirious," Satt exclaimed as he grabbed the masked boy by the wrist. "Guys... This right here is Delirious. I found him at North Carolina and... He's 19". Satt then faced Delirious, "This is Ohmwrecker and Cartoonz, they're the ones we're holding the party for." Satt explained, just when Delirious spoke, the two got surprised. "Awesome! Hey, nice to meet you guys!" Delirious spoke, the two were surprised about the sudden outburst. They thought that he will be like an emo type, secretive. But the boy spoke like greeting his old pals. Cartoonz grinned, "yo! It's nice to meet ya," he shook Delirious' hand.

Minutes in the party, the two were enjoying themselves. Ohm glanced over at Cartoonz, his heart beating rapidly, "Aren't we so lucky Ohm?" Cartoonz asked with a hiccup. "To have them come and get us, we really thought that they were gonna sell our guts out to the other country but they actually welcomed us like a family..." Cartoonz sighed as he stare at the sky, "All this... This started when I met you back at the university." Cartoonz whispered to himself, Ohm's head perked up, eyes widened, "Cartoonz..." Ohm shook his head, "do you really meant that?" Laughing at the ridiculous thought, Ohm felt a pair of lips on his cheek, his heart froze, when Cartoonz pulled away he let out a laugh, "Ohm, you don't know how lucky I really am!" He exclaimed and stood up, swaying a bit. Ohm's face remained red, he was a bit embarrassed and confused. Did Cartoonz meant it?

Ohm sat there for a whole ten minutes and finally stood up, he summoned a courage to finally tell Cartoonz about how he feels. He doesn't care if he get turned down, they will still be partners either way. "Hey Ohm! Why not come and drink with us?" Satt asked as he offered Ohmwrecker a beer. "Uh... No thanks, I'm good." Ohm replied as he declined the offer from the drunken Satt,"  suit yourself," Satt shrugged and got back to drinking with Sea Nanners. Ohm searched, the kitchen, living room, then he finally saw the person he's looking for outside. He joined the crowd in the backyard, pushing through the crowd, he finally saw the full view of what's happening. Cartoonz and Delirious are having a sparring competition. The fight was intense but not so since Cartoonz is a bit drunk.

Delirious kicked him on the chest and sent him toppling backward towards the barbecue grill. Cartoonz laughed with Delirious, Ohm was about to help him get up when Cartoonz spoke, "Man! You could be my partner, you're strong as hell." Delirious chuckled then helped Cartoonz get back to his own feet, "I don't know... What about your partner? Ohmwrecker was it?" Delirious asked as the crowd slowly subside, Cartoonz shrugged, "eh... He's not strong as you though, he's weak. I always have to remind him of our missions and stuff and I always cover for him." He let those words slurred out of his mouth, slowly toppling backward, Ohm covered his mouth with his hands. 'is that what Cartoonz really think of him? A weakling?' Ohm slowly stepped backward, his eyes started getting glossy,
Delirious held Cartoonz, he saw how drunk the man was and sighed, "you're talking sh** bro, you don't really think he's That weak." Cartoonz tilted his head, his mind slowly formed a picture of Ohm. His drunk eyes recognize a certain brunette facing it's back to him. "Hey Ohm! Where are you going? We still have another mission to complete!" Cartoonz slurred as Delirious chuckled, "you're drunk as hell."

Ohm got inside the dining room and opened the fridge, he opened up a bottle of beer then chugged it down immediately,"H-hey! Slow it down Ohm! I thought y-you won't drink any-," Satt asked as he observed the man forcefully drink the bottle of beer. "Sheesh.." Ohm got three more beers before going inside an empty room, not before locking it, he sat on the bed and chugged another beer. Eyes full of tears, he's trying to forget those hurtful words Cartoonz just said.

But he can't.

"And that's what happened. On my year-off I trained hard, practiced my skills and memorize the missions. To prove I'm not a weakling anymore." Ohm explained, wiping the tears form his eyes. Brock silently thought,

'is it because he called you a weakling or... Maybe you think he doesn't like you because of way he thought of you.' Brock does not believe that Ohm's weak. Maybe Ohm should realize that too.