Meet

No One's POV

(Name) sat on her bed with a wide smile on her face. She was happy she and Yami made up- even though it turned out pretty weird- she was still happy. 

"Now that I think about it... I've never gotten drunk before."

(Name) mumbled to herself. 5000 years ago, when she drank, she didn't drink heavily. Maybe it was because of stress that she did...? Well, whatever the reason, it made (name) think about how cautious she must be when drinking this time's wine.

Hearing a knock at the door, (name) quickly responded with a soft "come in"signaling to the person on the other side that they could be let in. The familiar shorty with tricolored hair walked in.

"Good morning, (name)!"

"Good morning, Yugi."

The two greeted each other. Yugi told the taller teen that he was going to school and that she could stay home to rest. Even though she still had a small headache, (name) insisted that she went to school with him but Yugi said otherwise.

The conversation didn't last long between them but it felt nice. To (name), it was like her kid telling her that they wanted to hang out with some friends all day. While with Yugi, it was like (name) could be his second mom. Of course, Yugi lives his mom very dearly- but (name) was there too with that... "second mom" vibe.

"I'll see you later, (name)! If you need something or want to go somewhere then tell Grandpa, alright?"

(Name) nodded her head and saw Yugi off. When she looked closely, she was able to see Yami floating by Yugi.

"I wonder if Yami learns anything at school."

Putting a thumb and index finger on her chin in a thinking manner, (name) walked into the game shop department where Yugi's Grandpa stood.

"Ah, (name). I see you're up. Can you help me clean around for a bit?"

The elderly man asked to which (name) happily abided to. While helping Yugi's grandpa clean around the shop, (name) stumbled across a photo book. Looking inside, (name) saw a photo that surprised her: Yugi's grandpa in, what looked like, the inside of a pyramid as two people stood beside him.

"Oh,  I see you found my old photo book. I went to Egypt a while back and that's where I found the Millenium Puzzle. When I came back, I gave it to Yugi since he seemed so intrigued with puzzles."

"Oh, I see."

Was all (name) could say in response with a small smile. She never thought of Yugi's grandfather to be an adventurer.

"Would you mind telling me the story of your time in Egypt?"

It was only for a second, but (name)'s eyes seemed... sad. As if she was reminiscing her own times in her old life. Whether or not Solomon caught that flash of emotion or not; he understood how she was feeling- being so far from home and all.

With a soft voice, Solomon spoke with an adoring tone that had a hint of pain.

"I went to Egypt because I heard of something amazing that no one else had yet accomplished. I had two guides come with me to the Valley of the Kings and we learned within time in the pyramid that each trap was like a game..."

As Solomon told (name) his story, she listened with her undivided attention. When Solomon finished telling his tale of the past, he stood up from the couch, offering (name) some tea to which she accepted. 

Yami's POV

The school day was peaceful while I stayed by Yugi's side. At the moment, the group was talking to Bakura about dueling and such.