april 2nd

yixing notices something was off with the taller. he hasn't speak a word– not that he normally does, but to yixing he tends to speak (insult him) a lot. but today? not really. sehun has his chin leaning on his palm, eyes blankly staring at the whiteboard but the older knows his mind isn't focusing on the lesson.

"hey," yixing said in a small voice, cautious of his teacher's sharp hearing. the taller didn't look at him, yixing thinks he didn't hear him. "hey," he said a little louder than before, but still didn't catch his seat partner's attention. "hey." he lightly kicks his shin, finally earning a reaction which is a raised brow. no words. yixing frowns at him, he doesn't like this. he doesn't like the silence. "what's wrong?"

sehun didn't answer him. instead he abruptly stands up, catching the chinese man off guard and his teacher's attention. "toilet." he simply muttered before he leave the room, not even sparing any of them a glance and didn't bother to speak properly to his teacher. yixing frowns in confussion and...worry. what's with sehun? why is he so silent?

yixing stares at the table, zoning out. he waits and waits for the bell to ring and when it finally does, quicker than someone could blink, he bolts out of the room.

•—•

yixing raises a brow at the sight of sehun at the roof top. hair blown softly by the wind, an unreadable expression on his face. yixing has been searching for the certain black hair for ten minutes. from the toilet, to the empty classroom, all of them. but thanks to his constant dance routine, he's not out of breath.

"go away." he heard the taller said, eyes staring at the city before him instead of him.

"you're silent."

"isn't that great?"

yixing didn't bother to stand next to him. instead he's standing at the back, hands in his pants pocket and eyes set on the taller's back. he feels the wind gently caress his face, and even though it was really soothing, it didn't manage to bring a smile to his face or bring calmness into him. not when sehun's like this.

"what's wrong?" he said once more.

"leave."

"no," yixing can hear the cold tone in the younger's voice, the one he uses to people. people but him. people but zhang yixing. so yixing doesn't like his tone one bit. "tell me what's wrong and then i'll leave." no.

"why can't you just leave me alone?" sehun sighs, eyes flutter close.

"you're my enemy, i can't let you not bother me." this earn a chuckle from the taller, a fond one. and yixing tries to hide his surprise. he didn't expect the fondness.

"my mother died at april 2nd." yixing furrows his eyebrows at the information, he knows his mother isn't here anymore but why did sehun tell him– oh.

april 2nd.

it's today.

"i'm sorry," yixing said, sincerness in his voice can be heard. sehun hums as an answer, still not looking back at him. "i would give you a hug but you're oh sehun so, ew, no."

sehun laughs at him. he really laughs. "that's not what people say after saying their condolences, idiot."

"i was just saying the truth and hey, it got you to smile!"

"yeah, yeah it did." sehun look over his shoulder to meet the older's smug face, "you did."