empty

it's a weird morning. an empty day.

sehun forces himself to go to school, to face whatever it is in school. the difference is, there's no 'hey, idiot!' anymore. the seat next to him will be occupied by someone without a deep dimple and fluent mandarin or will stay empty.

sehun glares at nothing, at everything. dark orbs piercing into whatever he was staring at. there's a little hope inside him that wonders if yixing would suddenly appear, shouting insults to his face. no matter how bad of an insults they were, sehun would still accept it. he would do everything to hear those again. but now, only sounds of highschool students buzzing in his ears, and he doesn't like it.

he slumps down to his seat, staring blankly at the empty seat next to him. usually at this time yixing would already be here, greeting him with a scowl.

sehun sighs while averting his gaze. usually in those romance teen books, they would end up with their enemy. and no matter how much they 'hate' each other, they sometimes hug each other. they sometimes comfort each other and they will fall in love. but that isn't the same case as them. yixing and sehun are enemies, constantly teasing each other, but did they hug? did they kiss? did they fall in love?

sehun thinks about it, his biology teacher coming into his class isn't minded. he thinks about their times together. they never hug like in books– wait, they kinda did when sehun fought with the man who tricked his dad. but they never kiss. and falling in love...sehun doesn't know.

"did you hear? zhang yixing came back to china." a whispering voice catch his attention. he watch his teacher nonchalantly, all the while focusing on what the girl's saying.

"really? that's a shame. he was such a good view." they share a small chuckle. sehun's lips curl into a scowl. how come he didn't know this? how come he didn't know they've been staring at yixing?

"i wonder how's sehun's doing."

"yeah, they were close, weren't they?" sehun raises a dark brow. close? he thinks not.

"did you see how yixing stares at him when sehun's not looking?" what?

"yes! i want a guy to look at me the way yixing look at sehun." what?

"i know right! he gave him such a loving stare and then when sehun return his stare, he would just give him a middle finger." both of the girls laugh at that. sehun feels a small, fond smile make its way on his face.

yes.

oh sehun's smiling.

he remembers that time, when sehun felt the chinese staring and when he met his stare, he flips him the bird.

his smile slowly fades. yixing. he's not here anymore. and the last word sehun said to him was 'fck you'. that's how their relationship was. contant cursing but they were always there for each other no matter what.

their relationship was weird.

sehun flutter his eyes close, an image of yixing smiling came into his mind. his deep dimple that sehun find himself wants to poke at. his bright eyes that would turn hard whenever he looks at sehun, but would turn loving when sehun isn't looking.

he tries not to think about him. he tries hard. but he fails everytime.

curse you, zhang yixing.