Prologue

In the beginning, there was only the Dark. There was so much Dark that not even the brightest light could chase it away. Its name was Charlie, and she was unhappy with such a world. This world is Umbra, a world of darkness, but also boredom. Charlie wanted something interesting to happen. Something new. Something bright.

And as though to grant her wish, the light was born.

The first light was Wilson, God of Winter, cold and ice. He was curious, as he had never known another person. Charlie was thrilled at the newcomer, and with her joy came more light.

Willow, Goddess of Summer, lava, and fire arrived next. Although she appeared to be kind, her temper was fiery, and was so powerful she could burn down a whole forest with a single touch. Charlie was careful not to anger her.

The next light, when it landed, it split into two, creating Wendy and Abigail, Twin Goddesses of Death. They were very happy to meet Charlie, and they found her darkness comforting. Charlie loved them so that she insisted they called her 'Aunt Charlie'.

The next light glowed very brightly as it arrived. Wolfgang, God of Animals, food, and harvest was its name, and his very spirit glowed with strength. Charlie loved the critters he brought with him.

The light that came after was weaker than the rest and seemed younger than all of them. Webber, God of Monsters was the arrival, and he was a bit unsure around Charlie's Dark. Charlie guessed that he was merely a child, and did not judge him for his mild fear of her.

Glowing fairly brightly was Wickerbottom, Goddess of Knowledge, wisdom, and age. She shared knowledge with all of them, becoming known as their teacher.

Another light arrived, who of which was the Woodie, God of Autumn, rest and preparation. He helped the world to prepare for winter each year.

The next light had a fiery fighting spirit, Wigfred, Goddess of Battle, war and victory. She gave monsters and animals fighting spirits, to defend themselves for survival.

The final light to arrive was Winona, Goddess of Spring, beauty, and flourishing. She brought new life to Umbra, plants, and trees, all to help animals. Charlie was grateful for all of them, as they filled the world with light.

But there was one more arrival, not cloaked in light, but a strange shadow. He was Maxwell, God of Shadows, despair, and sinfulness. He wished to join the ranks of the Greater Gods, to have their power as well. But the Greater Gods saw evil in his heart and did not allow him to join them. But Charlie... she saw more in him. She believed in Maxwell. And because of this, our story begins...