Chapter 23

Ryan

"The level of emotion you bring to each scene is phenomenal. I actually feel like I'm there with you, and all I want to do is crawl through the tv and hug you."

"Thank you for saying that. It means a lot to all of us that we can affect people that way." I nod my head in total agreement with Jesse.

"I was wondering what techniques do you do to cry on demand?"

He points his thumb at me. "Stand downwind of this guy after he's had a protein shake. You'd cry on demand too."

"On.  You're just gonna' put my business out there like that?"

"What you think it smells like flowers?" 

"Jesse the comedian, ladies and gentlemen."

The only thing I'm interested in once this evening is over, is taking a nice hot shower and passing out on the bed.  I've told everyone, no calls, no texts.  Which is why I almost kill my phone when it starts ringing at six minutes after eleven.  Yes, I was already asleep. 

I try to ignore it, but it just rings again.  "Next sparring session, I'm putting you on your ass."

"I'd like to see you try it."

That's not the voice I was expecting to hear.  I look at the caller ID and immediately perk up.  Last late night talking expo ended in her panting heavily in my ear.  I'm up for a repeat if she is.  

"I've got tickets to an Eagle Falcon game.  Want them?"

"Depends.  What do I have to do for these tickets?"  I'm hoping it's something dirty.

"Remember that time you had me run interference on set, because you were afraid to be alone with your ex?"

"Rings a bell."

"The son of a client.  He's kind of a jerk and I can't, as you say, knock him on his ass.  Ordinarily I would take Nathan but since we're not together anymore and.."

"And you want me to cock block for you."

"I wouldn't have used that terminology, but yes.  I do."

"When do you need my cock?"

"I need you on Thursday night.  Game starts at 7.  Your cock can stay home."

"No can do.  We're a package deal, where I go, he goes."

"Well as long as he stays in your pants, I guess he can come too."

"Yeah, he does.  That's his favorite thing to do."

"Can we steer this conversation back to safer ground?"  There's a catch to her voice.

"Need me to pick you up?"

"No.  I'll have to meet you there.  Thanks for this."

"No need to thank me.  That's what husbands are for."

"Is that so. Well I'll need come up with other things to use you for."

"I can think of a few.  Starting with.."

"No tit picks."