Prologue

What a stressing night. Madam Giry thought. Erik had dropped a bucket of water on Carlotta causing her to threaten to quit. Again.

She sighed and went to close the doors to the opera house. She didn't need intruders messing with the ballet rats. Before she could lock the doors a squeal stole her attention. She snapped her vision to a basket left on the steps.

She slipped out the doors and to the basket lifting it open. A small child was nestled inside it's arms reaching for the heavens.  It's eyes were wide open never blinking simply staring into nothingness. Madam Giry knew she would not be able to leave the child to freeze. Meg was barely a year old yet so maybe....

Madam Giry picked the child out of the basket and carried her inside. Maybe she could join Meg in the ballet. Or sing. That would be wonderful. She didn't know that this child wouldn't be able to do either of those things. It slipped her mind that the child couldn't see.

Madam Giry brushed back the fuzz on the child's head and smiled. "You need a name I suppose." She thought for a moment. "Cecilia." What a perfect name she thought. What a beautiful name. 

She didn't know the child would grow into a special kind of woman. One that would shake the Opera Populair to its very foundations. And bring a Ghost to the light.