II - Erik

I was filled with such joy that my angel had done so well. She slept so peacefully as I composed. I was a bit shocked she had fainted after getting to my lair but she did sing really well earlier she must've been so tired.

I was so absorbed in my thoughts I didn't see her walking towards me. I didn't notice her until she tore away my mask.

I shoved her away and covered my face. "DAMN YOU. You little prying Pandora!" I yelled rage and betrayal fueling my lungs. I turned and ripped the cloth off the nearest mirror. "You little demon! This is what you wanted to see. CURSE YOU. You little lying Delilah!" I turned around to face her again. "You little viper! You cannot ever be free!" I whirled again. My frustration taking hold. "Damn you! Curse you..." I took a breath before slowly turning back to her.

"Stranger than you dreamt it can you even dare to look or bare to think of me, this loathsome gargoyle who burns in hell but secretly yearns for heaven, secretly, secretly...." I turned to look at her face. "Oh, Christine."

Her face was so terrified. What have I done? "Fear can turn to love," I spoke mainly to myself. "You'll learn to see, to find the man behind the monster. This repulsive carcass who seems a beast but secretly dreams of beauty, secretly, secretly..." I trailed off gazing at her face.

She slowly extends my mask towards me fear dripping off her like mist. I take it and secure it back into place. "Come. We must return. Those two fools who rum my theater will be missing you." I offer my hand to her and help her off the ground.

I reluctantly led her back to the primadona room. No words were spoken, no glances exchanged and once she was returned I took the long way back to my lair. I just wanted to be left to my thoughts.

I heard a rustle of fabric down one of my less traveled tunnels. "Is some one there?" A lilting voice asked. I was shocked someone other than me was down here. My anger flared, these were my tunnels. I strode down the tunnel to find a woman sitting on the stone floor. Her head whipped in my direction. "Who's there? I can hear you." I half expected her to say come out of the shadows but she simply fell silent.

I took a step closer. To see her better. She had straight dark hair and pale skin. She had her eyes closed almost as if she were asleep. Her velvet rode wrapped around slender shoulders and covered all the things it had to. "How did you get down here?" I asked.

"I fell."

I looked around and remembered the trap door above us. I never used that one. It was simply far too out of the way. She shook herself a bit before speaking again. "I don't know how long I've been down here but I need to be getting back. If you could simply lead me to the orchestra pit I can find my way from there."

She spoke so quietly as if a loud sound would cause the world to crumble. I stepped around her and offered a hand for her to stand. She didn't even react. Almost as if she couldn't see it... "Can you stand?" I asked.

She nodded and stood slowly as if cautious of the floor giving way. I watched her in fascination. She did not open her eyes. Not once. "I apologize but may I hold your shoulder. I cannot see." She asked reaching out a hand.

I moved next to her and her hand grasped my shoulder firmly, her slender fingers curling into my jacket. I started to walk as she followed and kept pace. Before I knew it we had reached the orchestra pit. "We're here." I muttered shrugging out if her grip. She imeadiatly dropped her hand to the nearest chair.

"How far are we from the conductors spot?" She asked her head looking straight.

"Fourth row." I muttered staring at her blatantly. She nodded.

"Its been a pleasure, monsuir. Thank you for leading me back." She smiled and offered her hand to shake.

I grasped her hand saying, "The pleasure was mine. Shall we ever meet again it will be an honor." I glanced for her reaction.

"You're lying." She said. I wrenched my hand out of hers and glanced at her closed eyes in shock. "I apologize. I notice these things. A person's pulse jumps when they lie. It's become habit because of my... condition." She lifted a hand to her face. As far as I could see there was nothing wrong with her face, not like my... condition as she so put it.

"What is your condition?" I spat. Angry that she was insulting nothing other than her closed eyes.

She looked shocked. "You couldn't tell?" She asked inquisitively before smiling sadly.

"I'm blind."