VI - Erik

I was just relaxing in box 5 when I heard a bow being pulled across string. It was such a sad sound one that grew into such passion and prideful music I had to see who was playing. I had a vague idea that it was Cecilia but I had to be sure.

I peeked over the railing trying not to between by the gathering crowds around the cellist. After the crowd parted a bit I saw that it was indeed Cecilia. As she finished the applause started.

She just froze in her seat and suddenly looked scared. She sat ramrod stiff as my angel told her how well she did.

One of the foolish managers walked up to her and clasped her hand in his. She started to look nauseous as he spoke to her.

I saw her sway a bit in the chair she sat in before she slipped off the side of the chair, meeting the hard ground below her. Her cello followed behind her landing with a this next to her but her bow...

I could hear the snap from up here. The cello had landed on it and the sound it made caused a desperate feeling to rise up in me.

People hustled around her, Meg Giry gently picked up the cello and bow as someone checked her pulse. After she was determined alive some of the men who were watching carefully picked her up and carried her off.

I slipped out of my box and made my way to where I knew her dark room was. I knew that the men carrying her were not the best of men, one being Joseph Buquet. Everyone at the Opera Populair knew he was a scoundrel with no morals in his head. Everything he did was controlled by what was between his legs not in his skull.

I watched from the shadows as she was put into her room, Meg Giry coming up behind with her cello and broken bow. All of the men were ushered out by Meg as she closed the door to Cecilia's room.

After a few moments I slipped into her room to check on her. I don't know why I was so compelled by this blind girl and her stupidly beautiful eyes. She looked peaceful in her sleep not a crease on her small face.

I noticed her stirring and deftly made my way to the corner and held my breath. She sat up before frantically making her way to her cello and it's case. She slid her hands over every inch of her cello before moving to her bow.

She let loose a sob as she brought the bow to her chest. Her crys made me want to comfort her but my body seemed glued to the spot. So I just watched as she gently put the broken bow back down and stand on wobbly feet she made attempted to make her way to the door but thought again and changed direction to her bed.

When she collapsed into her mattress I heard her mutter a bit. "Need bow..." She released one final tear before passing out cold.

I do not know what came over me but I swept out of the room after grabbing her bow and made my way to my lair.