I Constantly Thank God For Esteban

A/N: I'm just gonna name the chapter title after whatever song I'm listening to when I start writing it! I'll also include the album cover that goes with the song.

**********

(Your POV)

It was a regular morning walking into Bishop Gorman, the rain drizzled and I could feel it's cold and moist touch as it caressed my bare hands. I pushed open the intimidating doors to reveal the freak show that was Las Vegas high school. I nudged my way through the overzealous crowd, they were a like a pack of dogs with meat, wild and viscous. I cringed as a boy placed his slimy hand on my shoulder, disgusting.

"Do you mind?" I said, shaking off his touch.

"What are you up to, dollface?" He said leaning towards me.

"About to give your scrotum a slight nudge with my foot if you continue to annoy me." I smiled sweetly, enjoying my bitchy comment.

His face dropped in that moment, and he made his way to a girl that was practically throwing herself onto him. I made a noise to show my antipathy, teenage boys were just a bag of hormones and sex and it was absolutely repulsive. I slid my headphone back in and played "Disloyal Order Of Water Buffaloes" by Fall Out Boy, I smiled as Patrick Stump's voice flooded my ears. I made my way to Trigonometry, which was my first block, and I sat down tranquilly. That is until I noticed we had partners in the class now, oh god who would I have to sit with? That's when the most annoying kid in school waltzed through the door, literally waltzed through it, and sat down next to me. He looked pissed, oh god. I turned my phone off and stuck it back in my pocket.

"Hey." Ryan muttered angrily.

"Hi Ryan." I replied, avoiding eye contact, had his gauges gotten bigger?

The teacher walked in and the entire class quieted, Ryan kept his head down and stared at his phone.

"Mr. Ross, please sit up." Mrs. Joseph said softly, but still stern.

Ryan kept his head down, facing his phone.

"Mr. Ross. Would you please sit properly?" She kept coaxing, but he wouldn't cooperate.

"Ryan Ross, please sit up before I make you stand." Mrs. Joseph was getting angered.

Ryan kept his eyes glued to his phone, She made her way to our table and reached her hand out.

"The phone please Mr. Ross." She loomed over him.

"Why?" He raised his head and glared.

"It is a distraction," she began, "and I refuse to have distractions in my class."

He groaned and put his phone into his pocket.

"No, give it to me." She kept her hand out.

"It's not distracting me anymore, though." He stated in an angered tone.

After a few minutes of their arguing he pulled it out again to turn it off and Mrs. Joseph snatched it from his hand. Ryan got really angry then, he stood up, kicked a desk over and stormed out, slamming the door shut behind him.

"Now that our little disruption has left let's get on with the class, yes?" The teacher smiled warmly.

*TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY DOTTIE ROSS*

The class ended with a harsh tone of the bell and I made it a point to get the hell out of there. I rushed to my locker, instead of actually getting to it I was met with a wall. Well, it felt like a wall, it was just Ryan.

He towered over me and said in a small and deep voice, "Do you mind, (Y/N)?"

"Oh sorry, Ryan." I replied keeping my head down and staring at our shoes.

He moved to the side and I started walking again, that's when I was met with my best friend, Beverly Lawrence. Her mom, Delia, owned a small bookstore called "Underrated Authors" and it was where we spent most of our time. I twisted in my combination and opened my locker with ease as Beverly and I started talking.

"Why were you talking to Ryan Ross?" Beverly asked, intrigued.

"We ran into each other, Bev," I began, "if I'm being totally honest, I was convinced he was a wall."

"You think he's an attractive wall don't you?" Beverly teased.

"Shut up, he's annoying and weird." I replied giggling.

"Uh huh suuurrreee." She drew the "sure" out.

"I'm serious, Bev." I replied glaring at her while smiling with a blush across my face.

"I know, but just think about that combination!" Beverly laughed her gorgeous laugh, her long brown curls crashing into each other.

"What do you mean, Bevvie?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Oh you know, the two emo kids dating, going on trips to Hot Topic with each other, listening to My Chemical Romance together, and picking out a nice black outfit for one another." She said in a sing-songy voice, and tilted her head back a little bit.

She was at least 5'10", and towered over me, I gave her a glare, which obligated me to look up at her. I hated being so short, I was 5'5" and it was horrible having everyone taller than you. I was even more agitated because she was utterly persistent with her attempts to piss me off about Ryan. The bell rung and we made our way to second block, mine was World Economics and hers was Life Planning. I walked through the threshold and noticed who was at my table, Ryan. Great, why did I have to be stuck with him every block? I already knew that we had third (PE) and fourth (band) together, and seeing as how we had this class together meant we had shared lunch as well. Why couldn't I just have second or third lunch? Nope, I just had to be stuck with first while Beverly had third.

This would be a long class.

"Okay, class please turn to page 44 in your Economics of Germany textbook." Mr. Thompson spoke gruffly.

Ryan and I both reached out to the book, our hands overlapping and touching each other. We both blushed and he recoiled his hand. I turned to the page and started taking notes, Ryan however was writing down lyrics.

"Can I see that?" I asked Ryan.

"Why?" He replied.

"I'm curious." I replied smiling.

"Okay." He handed me the black notebook, which contained amazing lyrics.

"Is this your song?" I asked.

"Yes." He replied.

"What's it called?" I was desperately curious about the hot headed, but extremely gentle, boy next to me.

"Camisado." He replied, blushing at my interest in him.

"What's it about?" I asked, leaning towards him.

"My father." His eyes started tearing up.

"Oh." I fell silent.

"Sorry, I didn't know I was leaking." He wiped his tearful gaze.

I giggled and noticed the bell ring. Lunch.