Bulletproof Heart

I unlocked my phone to check the notifications and see what caused such a big fuss, it was just pictures.

Of Ryan and I together.

At the cafè yesterday, of us walking around the block Friday night, of him coming into my house, him leaving yesterday morning, and of me coming into his house last night. They were all captioned "Emo Whore" and people were messaging me and asking why I cheated on Billy. I wanted to be done, completely done. I screamed and chucked my phone at Ryan's closet door, I didn't care who heard me, I wanted to be done. I heard rushed footsteps pounding the stairs and the door flinging open, then the worried face of Ryan Ross.

"What happened?!" Worry was evident in his voice.

"Robert Snyder." Was all I said before walking calmly across the room and picking my phone up.

"What about Robert?" His face was puzzled.

"Oh please, everything that's been on social media that he or one of his whores posted. About that I'm an 'emo whore' and that I cheated on him with you." I was so angry I could cry.

"(Y/N)..." Ryan's voice trailed off and he hugged me instead of speaking, I melted into his touch and cried into his arms.

I felt relieved, but also disgusted by his touch. My mind begged me for a reason to blame this all on him, but I simply couldn't. He had been there for me when no one else was, even though we had hit some rough patches he was still there. Reliable. I needed stability and I had Ryan, I loved him in that moment more than I have ever loved anything. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's true. He kept me going, even on the worst days. He was my rock, and I was his. We would always have each other because no matter how much either of us would deny it, we would always have a love for one another. He was mine, and I was his. Forever. It didn't matter who I was with, or what had happened between us, I would always be his. I decided on that day, on October 17th, to give George Ryan Ross III my heart. The moment he hugged me I knew that he'd never break me on purpose, that he would love me for as long as either of us lived. Regardless of who died first.

"I love you, Ryan." I said, clinging to his chest.

"I love you too, (Y/N)." He kissed my head and stroked my hair.

"No, Ryan, I mean I really love you." I said, still holding onto him for dear life.

"I know." He said, chuckling a bit.

"I'm yours, for now and forever." I laid my forehead against his, our lips close to touching.

"You deserve someone better." He said stroking my hair.

"You're the best there is." I leaned in, our lips brushing.

He slowly leaned in, but abruptly backed away, "(Y/N), I don't know if this is such a good idea yet."

"What do you mean by that, Ryan?" I was a little shocked.

"You just had a really bad moment, how about we eat breakfast first and then we can talk about a possible relationship." He gave me a look of reasoning.

"I'm sorry, Ryan." I blushed at how ridiculous I was being.

"For what, darling? You've been perfect since I met you, there's nothing to apologize for." His deep voice and eyes the colour of chocolate soothed me.

I leaned in as close as I could to him, our lips close to touching again, "Come closer."

I said it in a very seductive tone, he leaned in and almost started to kiss me before I exclaimed, "I bet I can beat you to breakfast!"

I started to run out of the room before he caught me by his hood, "What do I get if I beat you?"

"A kiss, and if I beat you...well I'll tell you in a minute." I had already slipped off the hoodie and ran down the stairs, almost missing the table, but I swung myself around and sat down in a chair.

"Okay...what do you-oh god, I'm dying." He said gasping for breath.

"Tell me when you catch your breath first." I said in a childish tone.

After a few minutes he caught his breath and walked over to me, "What horribly embarrassing thing must I do?"

"What do you mean, Ry?" I replied, dragging out each word.

"It was a bet, and I'm assuming what I have to do isn't too good for my self-esteem." He raised an eyebrow at me.

"What if it's someone?" I replied biting my lip.

"(Y/N), it's very sweet of you to offer me that, but I'm not having sex with you today and probably not for a while." He rolled his eyes at me.

"I never said that you had to have sex with me, I was just asking a question, plus it's a bet. You'd have to do it whether you wanted to or not." I sounded like the kid who was the playground know it all.

"That, my beautiful, is known as rape." He fired a finger pistol at me and I blushed.

I came close to him and put his arm around my waist, "Do you really want to know what you have to do since I won?"

He nodded his head in a yes gesture.

"I'll show you." I said before kissing him, hard.

I loved the buttery sensation of his lips on mine, the sweet taste of him danced across my taste buds, and his scent engulfed itself around me. I wrapped my arms around his neck, he leaned closer to me and we slowly made our way up the stairs. Kissing the entire way. He pressed me up against the wall in front of the staircase, I moaned as his lips moved from mine to my neck. I wrapped my legs around his waist, all the while he sucked on my collarbone. Finally we crashed onto his bed, I moaned as his lips journeyed further down my body. He removed his hoodie from me to reveal a tight purple tank top, he raised himself from my body and bit his lip.

"I can't do this, (Y/N)." He stated in clear disappointment.

"Why?" I whined.

"This isn't right." He said, pecking my lips one last time. "I think we should just eat breakfast and talk, I don't think our relationship can handle anything else right now."

"Please." I begged in utter distress, I wanted him now.

"I can't. Here, since it's obvious I can't control myself around you, put this on." He tossed me a Fall Out Boy shirt and I started taking off my tank top, he covered his eyes and went to the corner.

I giggled and slid his shirt over my head. It fit perfectly, although it was a little tight in the chest, I hugged Ryan and thanked him for letting me borrow a shirt. I felt safe, especially because I was engulfed in his scent. I blushed every time I got a whiff of it, and my stomach fluttered.

We walked downstairs to eat breakfast, which we did in two minutes and neither of us spoke a word. We travelled back up to his room and spent the day talking about a possible relationship. We agreed that we'd wait until the end of November and if things still didn't seem healthy enough for a real relationship then we wouldn't have one. If they did, however, we would try to have one. Then we hugged, I put his hoodie back on, and we exchanged I love yous. Afterwards, I slung my backpack over my shoulder, put my shoes on, and exited his room.

After that I left, sorry folks nothing romantic to report there. Just a war zone.