I Miss You

(Ryan's POV))

I followed behind the gurney closely, my heart beating out of my chest, would she live? My hands shook with anxiety, worry blossomed in my chest,  I couldn't handle to lose her. She's all I have left, I don't have any friends beside her, my dad doesn't even acknowledge my existence, and my mom doesn't want me. She's the only person who loves me, and the only who probably will ever love me. The nurses escorted me to the waiting room and told me I couldn't visit her.

"Please, is she going to be okay?" I practically begged, and the nurse gave me a sympathetic look, my eyes were tearing up slowly.

"Sir, I promise we'll do everything we can to save her. Your girlfriend is going to be perfectly okay with us." The nurse held my shoulder.

"She's n-not-not my girlfriend." I choked out, and the nurse apologized and walked off.

I sat down in one of the God awful chairs, I pulled (Y/N)'s phone out and called Beverly.

"Hello?" Her voice was annoyed and half awake.

"Hey, Beverly, it's Ryan. (Y/N) tried to kill herself at school." My voice was shaking, I felt my heart crumble when I mentioned her attempted suicide.

"What?! TELL HER I'LL BE THERE AS FAST AS I CAN! Curtis, get up goddamn it!" Beverly's voice was full of panic (at the disco), I heard the call click to and end on her side of the line.

I started looking down and singing to myself stay calm, "She held the world upon a string,
But she didn't ever hold me.
Spun the stars on her fingernails,
But it never made her happy.
Because she couldn't ever have me.
She said she won the world
At a carnival, but she could never win me.
Because she couldn't ever catch me.
I, I know why
Because when I look in her eyes
I just see the sky
Because when I look in her eyes
Well, I just see the sky

"I don't love you, I'm just passing the time
You could love me, if I knew how to lie
But who could love me, I'm out of my mind
Throwin' a line out sea, to see if I can catch a dream."

Beverly and Curtis both entered the lobby as I finished the chorus, I looked up at them. My eyes were desperate, my expression was desperate, she had to stay alive. I needed (Y/N).

"Any news, Ry?" Beverly rushed over to me, she and I had started getting along ever since she found out about (Y/N) and I.

"No, none yet." I dropped my head, tears falling from my cheeks to kiss the floor.

"I'm going to see if we can get in." Beverly spoke and started talking to the secretary, she came back a few minutes later with good news.

"She said they'll let us in before (Y/N) goes into surgery, until then we have to stay here." Her voice was chock full of happiness.

She sat down in one the adjacent chairs to Curtis and me, they started talking while I listened to music. God, I wanted to text (Y/N) to make sure everything was okay, but I couldn't. I noticed as a tap brushed my shoulder, my head shot up to find a fairly pretty curly red haired nurse looking at me with her bright green eyes.

"Excuse me, but are you Ryan Ross?" The nurse spoke softly, and I nodded my head in a yes gesture.

"Please come with me." I followed closely behind her, dreading what was to come.