jordison.

School was a blur Friday. And before I knew it, I was in Chris' car driving over to Shawn's garage.

So many thoughts were rushing through my brain at that moment. Am I gonna fuck up? Are they gonna judge me based on my age?

Ugh, maybe I'm over thinking this. But there's already eight other guys in the band. My ass is probably gonna stick out like a sore thumb.

I'm not what you'd call "normal" I guess. I have long hair with red strips, shaved eyebrows and I wear makeup.

Oh my god. They're gonna think I'm some fag.

"You alright shorty?" Chris asked then, driving into a neighborhood I was unfamiliar with, "There's no reason to be nervous y'know."

I slumped against the seat. "I dunno...I'm probably gonna get judged for how I dress and stuff."

Chris chuckled, and my non-eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

"Wait 'till you see the rest of the band man. You're gonna be scarred for life."

Before I could say anything else, Chris stopped the car and said, "C'mon."

Truth be told, Chris' words of assurance didn't so shit for me.

As we walked up the driveway, my chest tightened in fear. They're gonna fucking hate me! I can't do this!

"Hey!" Chris called, "I got our new blood here!"

All the guys got up from there spots, and I felt a blush creep onto my face. "H-hey." I murmured, embarrassed.

"Hey, welcome to the family!" Someone with red hair shouted and hugged me. I just stood there confused.

"Chill Sid," someone said, "We don't even know of he's any good."

"He is." Chris argued quickly, "He's a crazy little shit on drums, just wait."

"We'll see about that..." A low voice mumbled, and I shuddered.

The voice was low, and raspy. And I could hear the warning in his words.

When I looked up, my chest tightened.

Standing before me was a guy my height, with dreads and loose, dirty clothes. By the looks of him, he looked like he was homeless.

His shoulders were hunched as he looked me up and down. But it wasn't intimidating, because his demeanor from before completely changed.

His big blue eyes were wide as he looked at me, I could've sworn I saw his eyes dilate.

"Oh hey Corey, glad you decided to show up." Someone said sarcastically.

I looked away, feeling uncomfortable. What the fuck was his deal?

Corey didn't say anything in response, and when I looked up again, his eyes were still on me.

There was a deafening silence among everyone, and the awkwardness was so thick I began to physically shake.

I think Chris could sense how uncomfortable I was, because he cleared his throat and said, "Alright Joey, we have a drumkit in the corner over there. Clown used to try playin' it...be he realized he was much better at hitting a keg."

"Clown?" I said.

"Shawn." Chris explained.

"What's with the name?"

"Oh, you'll find out." I heard someone whisper in my ear and grab my ass. I let out an embarrassing squeak.

"Easy Clown," Chris warned, chuckling, "Joey may look like a girl, but he isn't."

Clown huffed, "Could've fooled me..."

I let the comment slide, and smiled shyly. But my smile faded when I saw Corey's fists clench in the corner of my eye.

To say I was afraid, was an understatement.