jordison.

Running out the front of the house with tears in my eyes, I pulled out my phone and called Chris.

"C'mon..." I sniffed.

"Did you leave your purse in here?" Chris said laughing.

Sobbing into the phone I said, "Please come get me..."

Chris immediately stopped laughing. "Shit Joey, okay hold on." I cringed when I heard Chris flip a horrible U-Turn, "Go stand by the driveway, I'll be there in a sec."

When I stepped into the car Chris handed me a napkin. "Your make-ups all smeared girlfriend." He said in a fake girly voice.

I laughed through my tears and gingerly took it out of his hand, wiping under my eyes thoroughly. "That's what I get for wearing so much eyeliner."

Chris looked at me momentarily. "Okay so Jo...I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. I just want to make sure I'm getting this right; are you a guy or a girl?"

I thought for a long moment and then smiled shyly, "I think...I am both"

Chris gave me an obnoxious thumbs up. "Okay, so you're a non-binary then!"

I smiled at him patiently, "No Chris non-binary means you don't identify is either of those, I identify as both. That is called gender-fluid." I watched him give me a confused and goofy, but supportive smile in the corner of my eye.

Chris took a right turn and began to say, "are you gonna tell me what happened in there-"

Two cop cars drove past us with their lights on, and then a third soon followed and turned onto Corey's street.

"Fuck!" Chris said, speeding up and going the opposite way.

"Chris where are we going!? We have to go back!"

"There's fucking police there Joey, if he killed his dad or something you'd be a witness!"

"Chris please!" I sobbed, "I love him and I don't want them to take him away..."

Chris was silent for a few seconds. The only thing that could be heard was my rapid sniffing and small sobs.

"FUCK" Chris seethed, violently turning the car around, speeding down the long road and whipping the car onto Corey's street.

Three cop cars surrounded Corey's driveway. And all his neighbors were outside to. Staring at the scene in front of them.

Before Chris could stop me I got out of the car.