jordison.

"Hey man, you alright?" Chris asked once I stepped into his car.

"Yeah yeah, I'm just having a lot of thoughts," I rubbed my eyes, "I think I need to get laid."

Chris chuckled, "I don't know any other guys that are into...well guys."

I quirked an eyebrow bone. "What...?"

Then it hit me.

"You think I'm into guys?" I screeched.

"Well aren't you?"

"No! I'm not a fag!" Oh God, first Corey shoves his tongue down my throat and now Chris thinks I'm gay? This night is just getting better and better...

"The looks you and Corey were giving each other today told me otherwise."

My heart sped faster at his name. And not in a good way.

There was silence between us for a while, before I said, "what's with Corey anyway?"

"What do you mean?"

"He seems a little..." I didn't know how to finish my sentence.

"Off?" Chris said, taking a left turn, "yep that's Corey for you...I was hoping you wouldn't notice."

My heart beat even faster. "I-is there something wrong with him?"

Chris sighed a little. "You promise you won't tell anyone who's not in the band?"

I nodded.

"Okay well...Jesus where to begin? His uh...mom died a couple years ago, and his dad became a complete drunk because of it.

"And uh...Corey's always had issues. When I first met him I knew there was something off. And it only got worse when his mom died. The mental issues he has were never explained because they couldn't afford to go to a doctor. So he just...I dunno, lives with it I guess."

"How did his mom die?" I asked.

"Cancer."

Jesus fuck. Poor Corey...

"Once Corey turns eighteen he and I will find the money to figure out what's wrong with him. But for now he has to deal with it." Chris added.

"What's wrong with him in particular? Like, can you explain it?"

Chris thought about for a moment. "Uhm well, sometimes he has really bad flashbacks and starts spouting random crazy shit. Which is sometimes cool 'cus we turn them into lyrics.

"He suffers from really bad depression and anxiety, so he likes to self-harm a lot. It doesn't matter what it is either. One time, he smashed his phone on the ground and slit his wrists with the broken pieces."

I didn't say anything, so Chris continued.

"I love Corey though. He's one of my best friends. He may seem intimidating but he's a super sweet guy."

Sweet? Oh please, I almost got raped a couple of hours ago.

"Has Corey ever...stalked someone?"

When the question left my mouth, something in Chris seemed to switch.

"Why do you want to know?" He said through gritted teeth.

"I-I was just curious. M-my friend Jay had depression and he started stalking someone." God I'm such a horrible liar. I don't even know anyone by the name of Jay.

"No, Corey isn't a stalker. He's a great guy and anyone who's smart would want to be with him too." He spat.

Before I could respond, Chris pulled into a house I was unfamiliar with and parked the car.

"Where are we?" I asked worridly.

"Sid's house. He's having a party. You and I are gonna forget about this talk and get shitfaced." Chris answered, back to his normal and cheery self.

When he stepped out of the car, I sat there for a while. There was something Chris wasn't telling me about Corey. And it scared me.

Chris was right, getting shitfaced seemed like a great idea.