Moriarty

It had been a few days since I meet my next door neighbors, a rather odd man named Sherlock Holmes and his friend Dr. John Watson. I have never meet a man who could deduce things about people like I could from a simply look. Out of curiosity, I decided to try and find John's blog, of course it would be a blog since he is a frequent typer.

It doesn't take me long to find the blog, 'The Blog of Dr. John H. Watson,' not a very catchy, but I suppose it gets to the point. I spend a little while reading a few of the stories, finding the Blind Banker, a very interesting case and continue reading on. After I while I come across a case titled The Great Game, having already read A Study In Pink I find some of the similarities in the case brilliant. But I freeze when I see the name Moriarty. I whisper to myself. "No, he can't mean....."

I shake my head thinking of my previous name and my brothers. One of my brothers is a rail line announcer, while the other is a criminal for hire. That's why I changed my name from Madison Moriarty to Madison Love. That must be the man that John Watson is talking about in his blog, Jim Moriarty. I hang my head thinking, they can never know about this.

I start to moving things around my flat if nothing more then out of anxiety. As I am moving a couch to the other side of the room I slip and fall over the back of it, letting out a loud yelp as I fall forward. A few minutes later I hear a knocking on my flat door. I manage to get up and open the door to see John outside the door. "Hello, is everything alright, I heard screaming."

I nod and laugh softly. "Oh, yeah. I was trying to move my couch and fell over the back of it."

John laughs as well. "Do you uh... Do you want some help?"

"If you wouldn't mind, that would be really helpful."

He nods as I step to the side and let John into my flat. As John walks into the flat he glances down at my laptop, which is still on the coffee table, still opened to John's blog. "Oh, you read my blog?"

"Uh... I actually I just started."

"What do you think?"

"I enjoy it, it's put together really well."

"Oh thank you." I nod and move over to behind the couch, as John asks the obvious question. "Right, so where are we moving the couch?"

"Uh.. over against the other wall." John nods as the two of us move behind the couch and start to push the couch. Quickly getting it to the other wall. "Thank you, very much."

"Yeah, not a problem."

"Uh, would you like a cuppa tea?"

"Sure, I'd love one." I smile softly and begin making tea as John sits at the table I have in my kitchen area. "So what do you do for a living?"

"Uh... I was a dancer before moving to London. My brother is helping to support me until I get set up."

"Oh really? That's very nice of him."

"Yeah, well he is trying to repair the broken relationship between the two of us and he knows I've always wanted to live in London."

"Well, London is happy to have you." John laughs softly as I pour the tea and set two cups down on the table. John is scratching the back of his head and smiling, a lot. It is very clear he is flirting. I have to stop myself from rolling my eyes at the thought. "So, where you seeing anyone before you left...?"

"Cambridge, and no. I had been engaged for a time but my brother uh... made a move, I suppose is the best way to put it, on my fiance so..."

John looks up as if he is surprised. "Oh, you were with a woman?"

"No, my brother is fluid."

"That's an odd way to put it. I like it though." I nod and take a sip of my tea and smile softly over at John, who is trying to hold a conversation. "So tell me what was your favorite case so far?"

Here is my chance to see what John and Sherlock know about my brother. But I can't let on that I know too much. Luckily it isn't that hard to act hair brained. "Oh, um... I don't remember the name of it. The one about the bombings."

"Oh... The Great Game. That one was uh... Well interesting." A few moments later I hear a knock at the door, looking over at John confused. "Were you expecting anyone?" I shake my head and begin to stand. However, before I can John is already heading for the door, putting a hand up to me as if to say stay there. I can imagine after working as a detective and going after some of the worst in London, John is a little jumpy when it comes to people showing up at the flat unannounced. Once John gets the door opened I see Sherlock move swiftly past John into my flat, as John protests. "Sherlock, you can't just walk into people's flats."

"I'm not walking into some random person's flat, I'm walking into Madison's flat. Should I ask why you are here?"

John shakes his head, confused and annoyed. "No, you shouldn't. Should I ask, why you are?"

"Well, it is currently not to try and woo Ms. Love, as I imagine you are."

"Then why are you here?"

I stand and almost have to shout over the two of them. "Boys, if you're going to have a domestic could you do it in your own flat?"

John looks around Sherlock, who has his back to me and shakes his head. "We are not having a domestic, because we are not together. Sherlock, why are you here?"

Sherlock nods his head. "There is a man here to talk to us about taking his case."

"Alright then. Madison I'll see you later." John steps toward the door before Sherlock turns around.

"Why doesn't Ms. Love come with us? It will be nice to have another smart person in the room. That is if you wish to join us?" Sherlock stops about half way back to the door.

I nod and smile. "Sure, sounds interesting."

The three of us head up to the boys' flat where there is a middle-aged man sitting in the middle of the room with an urn. When we are in the flat John closes the door and gestures me toward one of the lounge chairs in the main room, while Sherlock leans against the desk and John stands almost behind the chair he had placed me in. After a few moments, Sherlock gestures to the man as if to tell him to start. "Oh uh... I don't think my aunt's ashes are really hers. I know human ash..."

Sherlock sighs. "Leave."

The man looks up at him confused and taken back. "What?"

John hangs his head and sighs. "Sorry, we don't work these kinds of case."

The man nods and looks down at the floor, before getting up to leave. Once he is gone John closes the door behind him, while I glance between the two of them. "So, is that it?"

Sherlock smirks, "Oh no, Ms. Love."

We spend the next few hours hearing different stories from people trying to hire Sherlock and John, most of which Sherlock shrugs off in a matter of moments. Showing the potential clients the door.