Christmas Night

It had been a few months since I've met Mycroft Holmes and had stormed out of Sherlock's flat after hearing the ringtone that could only be for Ms. Adler, whom Sherlock only seems to refer to as the Woman. Which is perfectly fine with me, because judging by the number of texts Sherlock had received from her, she is very interested in him. But I have managed to get over all of that in time for Christmas. Mostly because I realized not only was Sherlock not seeing her, he was also not responding to her texts. If he was he had found a very good way to keep it from me, but then again, we haven't decided what this is yet anyway.

Tonight, however, I would be able to spend Christmas with people who weren't psycho killers for the first time in my life. John had his newest girlfriend, I think her name was Jeanette, but I've only met her once. When I walk into the flat I am a little late and Sherlock had already started playing the one song he had promised Mrs. Hudson and I, and I wish I could have gotten up here earlier to hear all of it. Once in the flat I look over into the kitchen doorway and see Detective Inspector Lestrade, while Mrs. Hudson is in Sherlock's chair, with Jeanette is in John's while he is sitting on the arm of the co.uch, and Sherlock is standing in front of the window, playing a beautiful song. A few moments later the song ends and Sherlock turns around.

Mrs. Hudson claps her hands. "That was lovely Sherlock, Marvelous. I wish you could have worn the antlers."

"Somethings are best left to the imagination, Mrs. Hudson." I smile as Sherlock's eyes drift to me after he sits his violin down. "Oh Madison, nice to see that you could join us this evening, I was under the impression you were still streamed with me."

I take a deep breath. "I am, but that doesn't mean I don't want to spend Christmas with you and John."

John sighs as he and Jeanette stand. "Why can't you two show a little emotion? I know, you two are sociopath's but still, feel... something."

At this moment Jeanette offers Sherlock and I a glass of champagne. "Thank you."

I smile and accept the glass, but Sherlock denies it. "No thank you, Sarah."

John jumps up and stands next to Jeanette. "No, no, he's not good with names."

I laugh softly and step next to Sherlock, turning toward Jeanette. "Sherlock, don't joke with Jeanette like that. It could be considered very mean." Jeanette nods, clearly knowing that I am covering for Sherlock, but I can tell she appreciates it, nonetheless, and she and John go back to sit on John's chair.

Shortly after Molly Hooper walks into the flat. I had met Molly when I had gone to see Sherlock at Bart's Hospital and from what Sherlock had told me she had dated Jim when he was trying to get close to Sherlock. "Hello, everyone. It said on the door to come up."

We all smile and greet Molly, except for Sherlock he is complaining under his breath. When Molly takes off her very heavy winter coat she is in a very nice, very tight dress. John, of course, being the one to vocalize everyone's shock. "Holy Mary!"

Molly smiles, adjusting her bracelet. "So we're having Christmas drinkies then?"

Sherlock nods and almost grumbles as he walks upside me, placing a hand on my hip, as I sip my drink. "No stopping them, apparently."

I turn to Sherlock and whisper, "It's Christmas, I know you don't believe in it, I don't either, but they do. It's a special day for them, so be nice."

Sherlock nods and heads back to the computer on the table which is only about a foot or so behind us. "John, the counter on your blog still says 1895."

John jokes, lightly hitting the table. "Oh, Christmas is canceled."

"And you've got a photograph of me wearing that hat!"