Baby Watson

It had been about three months since Sherlock's episode on the plane and he had been cleared of all charges in Magnusson's murder. I guess they doctored the footage of the incident to make it look like one of the officers had shot Magnusson, instead of Sherlock. Honestly, after his little episode I'm not sure if I'm happy he's back or not. But Sherlock has assured John, Mary, and myself that he will be able to go cold-turkey since he had to focus on this new case. Which involves my brother, who should be and is dead.

After spending about a week with John and Mary after Sherlock episode, I finally forgave Sherlock and went back to the flat. I had almost started looking for a new flat. Sherlock had been spinning cases as if they were plates since he got back to keep himself busy, of course, that meant I was busy too and didn't have time to really think about his previous episode since I got back to the flat.

As I walk into the sitting room Sherlock is stabbing his multi-tool knife down into a large pile of letters on the mantelpiece. "If this gets any better, I'm gonna get two knives."

I sigh softly and shake my head. "Mrs. Hudson is gonna kill you if you do any more damage to her mantelpiece."

I look over to John, who is sitting at the table typing a new blog entry entitled '221Back!' "It pays to advertise."

Sherlock sits down in his chair, looking at his phone. Mary, standing near the window and rubbing her very pregnant tummy with one hand while pressing her lower back with the other, looks at him. "So, what about Moriarty, then?"

"Oh, he has a plan." Sherlock glances over to her. I sigh softly, a little annoyed that my brother is finding a way to ruin my life, even from the grave, as Mary rubs her bump again. "I'm going to monitor the underworld every quiver of the web will tell me when the spider makes his move."

"So your 'plan' is just to sit there solving crimes, with Madison, like you always do." John looks over at Sherlock from his computer.

Sherlock smiles across to him. "Awesome isn't it?!" Sherlock jumps up, steps across to the mantelpiece and rips the top letter off the pile.

Over the next few months, Sherlock goes to work on several cases at once. There was even one night that John and Mary had come over to see if we were over to visit and ask Sherlock and I to be godparents, and I was the only one who paid any attention. Mary had even tried several times to get Sherlock's attention, but that at this point in her pregnancy she was too tired to really push the way she normally does. One night the boys had been out working on a case and were coming back to the flat to start work on another. When they get to the door, I almost run into them since Mary had called me about going into labor and John and Sherlock had the car. "What is the hurry, Madison?"

I shout to John as I head down the stairs. "Check your phone and come on!"

"Fifty-nine missed calls."

"Oh, we're in a lot of trouble." I hear Sherlock comment.

When we finally get Mary and start to the hospital, Sherlock is in the back with her. In hindsight probably not the best idea, but hey, she didn't give us a lot of time to move around. Mary is in the back seat of a car groaning and clutching her abdomen. Her dress is pulled high up her legs. "Oh, my god!"

I turn back in my seat to see that Sherlock is on his phone, why I don't know, but he is. So I undo my seatbelt and turn around completely in the front passenger seat. "Mary, it's gonna be fine, just breathe, Relax."

"I'm a nurse, I think I know what to do."

"Come on... Re" I do the breathing with Mary. "Lax"

"No, just drive! Please, God, just drive! God, drive!" She screams. Sherlock, sitting beside her and frantically typing on his phone, glances across to her momentarily.