In Hospital

After I hear the boys leave the flat I head into work, as Magnusson PA. Thank god this job is not a permit thing, I think, I'd be likely to kill myself. Magnusson is someone who loves to humiliate anyone and everyone, for no reason at all. I've only worked for the man a few weeks and he has already made a point to make fun of my legs, my small wedding band, and had even figured out and made fun of my previous drug habit. How he knew this I have no idea since it is not public knowledge, nor had I ever been arrested on drug charges. But I suppose if he can figure that out Sherlock is right about him being dangerous.

I've only been on the clock for about two or three hours before I hear the lift alarm go off. I don't know who would be trying to get into the office since Magnusson is in his upstairs office right now, getting ready for a business dinner. When I open the computer on the screen I see that Sherlock is trying to use the lift. I sigh softly as I speak to him over the intercom. "I suppose this is why you wanted me to take this job?"

"That and you look so adorable in office wear."

"I'm inclined to call security and let them drag you away after this morning."

"But you won't do that, you love me too much."

"That could be called into question."

"Okay, what about to stop a horrible human being?"

"That I can get on board with."

I unlock the lift and allow Sherlock to come up to the office. However, before they get there everything goes black. I am woken slightly to John kneels beside me. "Madison. Madison, stay with me." I let out a small whence due to a huge headache. I'd been struck on the back of the head and knocked unconscious. I try to get up, but I can feel John's hand on my back. "It's okay, just relax, don't get up."

I can hear him and Sherlock speaking in hushed tones to each other, but I am too focused on staying awake to listen to what they are saying. The next thing I knew I am being looked over by EMT's and being taken to the hospital. On the way, I lose my battle for consciousness and pass out. I wake up in a brightly lit room, Mary next to me. "Hey, Maddie." I look around and try to set up. As I do I feel Mary's hand on my shoulder.  "Hey, hey, everything's alright. You're in hospital, you got knocked out."

I lay back and whence slightly, my vision slightly blurred and my head still reeling. Of course, the only thing I can think about is the boys.  "John... Sherlock..."

"John is fine."

"What about Sherlock?"

"Sherlock has... He is okay, but he is in hospital too. We can talk more after you see the doctor."

I nod slightly as Mary stands to leave the room. I look around trying to regain my senses. Once I do Mary walks back in with a Doctor. "Hello, Mrs. Love, I am Doctor Smith. What do you say we look you over and see if you can't get out of here, yeah?" I slowly sit up and nod. "How are you feeling? Any lightheadedness or nausea?"

"No."

"Can you see alright?" The Doctor takes a light and checks my pupils.

"Yes."

"Can you feel my pen?" The Doctor takes the pen and pokes a few of my toes on either foot.

"Yes."

"Well, everything looks good. You don't have any signs of a concussion, which is nothing short of a miracle. But if you feel off or sick at all within the next few weeks come in immediately."

I nod. "Yes, Doctor." The Doctor smiles and leaves the room as I sit up. "I need to see Sherlock."

Mary nods.  "I understand, but let's take things slow. Yeah? Let's get you dressed and have you walk around a little bit before we leave." I nod as Mary goes over to a bag on one of the guest chairs in the room. Getting some of my clothes out of it. "I figured a dress would be best. You can just slip it on."

I nod and smile a little weakly  "Thank you, Mary."

"Not a problem. You and Sherlock are family." I stand and begin to get dressed. Mary only has to help me get the dress zipped up since some of my muscles are rather stiff from falling on the floor. Once I am dressed, I slip the pair of flats Mary had brought on. Walking around the room a little bit, gaining my balance. Once I am certain I can walk on my own I look up to Mary. Honestly, I wouldn't say anything if I felt sick until I see Sherlock, and Mary knows this all too well. "Ready to go see Sherlock?"

I nod. "Yes."

Mary nods."Alright before you do, I should tell you what happened." I look at her a little confused before she continues. "Now, you must remember he is fine. But Sherlock was shot by whoever knocked you out." I take a deep shaky breath, as she places a hand on my shoulder.  "And you must remember if it is anyone's fault other then the shooter it is Sherlock's. He didn't have to be there, but he felt he needed to in order to solve his case."

I nod. "I need to see him."

Mary nods. "Okay, come on."

Mary and I gather my things and we leave the room, heading down the hall to the room they have Sherlock in. When I enter the room I see him lying in the hospital bed, monitors, and an IV attached to him. I place a hand over my mouth, sitting next to him, and taking his hand. Mary had stayed out of the room. I stay in the room for a few days before Sherlock wakes up, only leaving to go back to the flat to shower and get a few hours of sleep, before going back to the hospital.

It takes Sherlock a few days to wake up and luckily I am there when he does. When he walks he looks over at me and smiles softly, I smile back and chuckle softly. "Good Morning."

"Is it morning?" He looks around a bit.

I shrug, looking down at my watch. "For a little while longer, yes." Sherlock presses the button on a remote on the bed and the top of his bed rises, pushing him into more of a sitting position. When he tries to push himself higher on the bed he gasps in pain. "Oh, yeah. May want to restart your morphine. I might have fiddled with the taps."

"Why?"

I shrug. "You kept secrets from me, came dangerously close to using me, you almost got both of us killed because of a case, you put John in danger, and you were using drugs again. Take your pick." Sherlock nods, shrugging his shoulders, grimacing, as he reaches across to a machine beside his bed and pushes a button to release a dose of morphine into the drip in his arm. "Don't worry though, after that I think I can forgive you... It's a dream come true for you, this place. They actually attach the drugs to you."

"Yes, but it's not good for working."

"Neither of us will be working for a while, darling."

"Are you okay?"

I nod.  "Yes, but I need to take it easy for about a week and a half."

"How long was I asleep?"

"About three days. I need to go, I'm not supposed to keep you talking." I stand and kiss his forehead. As I pull away Sherlock placing his hand on my cheek and pulls me in for a soft kiss, when we break apart, I place my forehead against his. "I love you, Mr. Holmes."

Sherlock smiles softly. "I love you, Mrs. Holmes."

I smile softly and scoff, as I get ready to leave. "I'll give your love to John and Mary." As I leave the room I close the door behind me, to let him rest.

After heading down to see John and Mary to tell them that Sherlock is awake the three of us go out to lunch. When we get back to the hospital Greg is there to check up on Sherlock. Mary and I stay in the waiting area since there is a limit of two people to visit at one time. John takes Greg up to see Sherlock, as they head up the stairs Greg gets his phone out. The last time we saw Sherlock like this was when Adler drugged him, and Greg found that extremely funny, as we all did. Shortly after the two go up, they come running back down. John looks at Mary and I.  "He's gone."

"What?"

"He blotted. We have to find him."

"Let's go then."

John shakes his head.  "No, Madison. You don't need to be pushing yourself right now. Mary, Greg, and I will look. You go back to the flat in case he goes back there."

I nod. "Alright. Find him, John." John nods, before he, Mary, and Greg, head out to look for Sherlock, but not before the three of them give me large hugs.