The News

Later, Eurus is being led away from the house by two police officers. She still looks tearful. Police cars and vans are parked all around and a helicopter's rotors can be heard nearby. Some distance away, Sherlock watches her. John and I are beside him, wrapped in grey blankets. Greg walks over to us. "I just spoke to your brother, Sherlock."

"How is he?"

"He's a bit shaken up, that's all. She didn't hurt him; she just locked him in her old cell."

John chuckles softly. "What goes around comes around."

Greg nods. "Yeah. Give me a moment."

Sherlock calls out to Greg as he walks by. "Oh, um. Mycroft..." Sherlock takes a deep breath, "make sure he's looked after. He's not as strong as he thinks he is."

"Yeah, I'll take care of it."

"Thanks, Greg." John, who has been huddling into his blanket, lifts his head and Greg turns back again and looks at him in surprise before walking away.

I laugh softly and wrap an arm though Sherlock's. Eurus has been loaded into a reinforced cell inside one of the police vans. She sits on a side bench as a police officer closes the door. Lestrade goes over to one of the officers at the scene. Sherlock just stares at his sister in the cell. "You okay?"

"I said I'd bring her home. I can't, can I?"

"you gave her what she was looking for: context."

"Is that good?"

John sighs stepping from beside me to beside Sherlock. "It's not good, it's not bad. It's... It is what it is." The three of us stand there is silence for a moment before John steps in front of the two of us and our gazes shift from Eurus to him. "So are you two gonna be okay?"

"Of course, why wouldn't we be?" Sherlock asks matter of factually.

"Uhh... because Madison is pregnant or Eurus said she was anyway."

I sigh. "I'm going to go into the clinic tomorrow and get checked out."

The next morning comes all to quickly, Sherlock, John, and I had only gotten back to the flat and started cleaning for about thirty minutes before I had to head out to the clinic. Which didn't really make much of a difference since John wouldn't let me clean since we still didn't know if I was pregnant or not. As for Sherlock. I'm not sure the idea has sunk in yet. All I know for sure is that I had to meet with Sherlock and Mycroft later today at Mycroft's office. Once I get to the clinic I wait among the few others who had gotten there this early. When I get called back I explain what has been going on, minus the crazy sister-in-law and the doctor orders the regular tests to check for pregnancy. When he comes back I am shocked by the news. Eurus had been telling the truth. While I wasn't very far along, I was in fact pregnant.

Once I am finished at the clinic I rush to Mycroft's office. Excited and very nervous to tell Sherlock the news. However, when I get there Mr. and Mrs. Holmes are there and rather steamed with Mycroft, shouting at him as I enter the room. "Alive?! For all these years? How is that even possible?!"

Mycroft hesitates slightly, his eyes lowered. "What Uncle Rudy began... I thought it best to continue."

"I'm not asking how you did it, idiot boy, I'm asking how could you?"

"I was trying to be kind." He raises his eyes his mother at the end of his sentence.

"Kind?! Kind? You told us that our daughter was dead."

"Better that than tell you what she had become. I'm sorry."

Mr. Holmes stands up and leans his hands on the table. "Whatever she became, whatever she is now, Mycroft... she remains our daughter."

"And my sister."

Mrs. Holmes takes a deep breath. "Then you should have done better."

Sherlock whispers softly, looking to the ground as he had been doing since I had stepped into the room. "He did his best."

"Then he's very limited. Where is she?"

"Back in Sherrinford; secure, this time... People have died..." Mycroft sighs, "Without doubt, she will kill again if she has the opportunity. There's no possibility she'll ever be able to leave."

"When can we see her?"

"There's no point. She won't talk. She won't communicate with anyone in any way. She has passed beyond our view. There are no words that can reach her now."

Mrs. Holmes turns to Sherlock, still not noticing I'm at the door. "Sherlock... Well? You were always the grown-up. What do we do now?"

"I'm not sure." Sherlock shrugs.

I sigh softly, making my presence in the room known. "Mycroft, you can't keep your Mother and Father away from your sister. Even if she won't speak they have a right and a need to see her."

Everyone attention turns to me. Mrs. Holmes steps towards me. "I'm sorry dear, we should have waited for the whole family to be here."

"It's fine, I understand why you couldn't and why you didn't."

"Well, we are all here now."

I nod and look at Sherlock. "Yes, we are all here." I stress this statement and as I do Sherlock's eyes snap up to me, then down to the envelope in my hand with the test results on them. I knew them, but I knew Sherlock would want the medical proof of it.

"Is that?" He points to the envelope.

I nod. "Yes, do you want to read it or do you want me to tell you?"

Mr. and Mrs. Holmes look between the two of us confused. Mycroft, still in his office chair behind his desk, simply shakes his head. Sherlock takes the envelope and opens it as Mrs. Holmes takes another step forward me, placing her hand on my upper arm. "Is everything alright dear? You aren't ill are you?"

I shake my head, but before I can answer Sherlock, who is reading over the page, does. "No, but she can expect to nauseous, tired, and moody for the next 9-10 months." Sherlock looks to me from the paper, with a very stern and serious look. I can't tell if he is happy about this or if he is still trying to process it or what, but I don't like it when I can't read him. As he steps closer to me, he hands the test results to his mother, who, of course, quickly begins reading over them. Stopping in front of me, he keeps a stern look on his face and I look up into his eyes. Sherlock takes a deep breath and smiles brightly, placing his hands on my cheeks as he leans his forehead to mine, and I place my hands on his forearms as tears roll down our cheeks. "A baby?"

"Yeah, a little you."

"Hopefully, a lot of you." We laugh softly and smiles, tears still in our eyes on streaming down our cheeks.

I hear Mr. and Mrs. Holmes exclaim with excitement after reading the results. "I'm going to be a grandmother!"

Sherlock separates from me to allow his mother to give me a hug, as his father wraps an arm around his neck. "Not only did you find the perfect woman for you, but you married her and you're starting a family."

I glance over to Sherlock, ready for him to say 'we aren't married.' But instead, he smiles and nods, turning to give his father a hug. "Yeah, I did."

When the Holmes family went to go see Eurus, I did not, for reason everyone understood. The boys had managed to get the house cleaned up and we had replaced everything in it. Which mean that the boys could start taking cases again. John had decided not to move back into the flat, but he and Rosie were there every day. Sherlock loved spending him with little Rosie and was very good with her. Every now and then when the boys left to solve a case Molly would come to help me take care of Rosie and get a few things done around the flat. Mrs. Hudson was also a huge help. Of course, in the first month, I didn't really have the energy to do a whole lot, but I got up and powered through it.

Between you and me. I'm just happy I get to wear flats and stretchy pants for 8 more months. Yes, they are dressy stretchy pants, but they are very comfortable, and so are pregnancy dresses. OH, MY GOD! I have never known this comfort in fashion.