The Dream

It had been a odd couple of weeks since I found out I was pregnant, my lovely criminally insane sister being the one to tell us. Of course, when we told Mr. and Mrs. Holmes they were over the moon, as were my parents. But I think it was more of a shock to Sherlock's parents then it was to mine. Sherlock and I had gone about getting things we need for the flat and getting things cleaned up, turning John's old room into a nursery and cleaning up all the dangerous chemicals in the flat Sherlock uses for his experiments, putting all of them in their own cabinet. The flat actually looks clean for the first time. We actually have a dining room table and a desk and a floor. Sherlock is even being oddly cooperative about cleaning the flat with me, he is even doing most of it since he doesn't want me to over work myself. I haven't seen this caring and overprotective side of him in the six years we'd been together.

We spent a few days cleaning and finally got done, and when we did I was exhausted. Ready to do nothing but take a bath and collapse into bed. After my nice, relaxing bath I head into the bedroom and fall into the bed. Soon after, before I fall asleep, I hear Sherlock come into the room and feel him crawl into bed. When he does I cuddle up with him, laying my head on his chest and taking a deep breath, enjoying the comforting smell of him and quickly fall asleep.

When I wake up, Sherlock isn't next to me, I get up and walk out into the sitting room and as I look around, I see that there is a lot of baby things laying around the flat, "oh, Sherlock must have started unpacking the baby things John brought by." I look around and see the playpen that Rosie uses when she is with us and a few of her old toys that were still in good condition. But as I look I notice that there are a few new things laying around the flat, some new baby clothes, in rather neutral colors, yellows, greens, and colors like that, all onesies, footie pajamas, and bag onesies. Even the baby bag sitting on the couch is decorated with white and grey stripes, with a yellow bow.

As I look around the flat and pick up a few things and start to straighten up again, I hear someone moving around up stairs. "Who is up there?" I step out into the hall and head upstairs to check the room. When I open the door I see that the nursery is set up, decorated in yellow, grey, and white. There are a few pictures hanging on the wall, one of a giraffe, one of an elephant, and other child's things. When my eyes shift to the middle of the room, I see Sherlock standing in front of the crib we had set up the day before. 'He must be putting a few things in the crib.' I think to myself.

When I take a step forward I hear Sherlock speaking softly, "it's alright, daddy's here, it's alright. Shh..." When he straightens up I see that he is holding a bundle of blankets. 'Is he practicing or something.'

I call out to him, "Sherlock, what are you doing?"

He turns to me and smiles, "Oh, look who's here, it's mummy." I look at him a little confused and a little worried about him, but when I walk over to him, I see that he is holding a baby in the blankets. I look up to him a little confused. Sherlock smiles at me and looks back down to the little bundle in his arms, "do you want to go to mummy?" He hands me the little baby and as I gaze into the face of the little one, I notice that they looks surprisingly like Sherlock, with curly dark hair and softly porcelain. Sherlock places his hand on my shoulder and looks down at the little one, "She's beautiful, just like her mother."

I look up to Sherlock, "she?"

Sherlock nods, "Yes, she. Little Elizabeth Mary Madison Holmes."

I look down to the little one, with tears in my eyes. I know I wanted to name the little one after Mary if we had a girl, but I never imagined I'd get my wish. I whisper softly as I look down to her, "Elizabeth." It made since that we gave her two middle names, since it seemed to be a Holmes family tradition. As I look up to Sherlock he seems to be glowing, beaming nothing but happiness as he looks down at the little one.

Sherlock and I head down stairs and sit on the couch. I unwrap little Elizabeth, and hold her in my arms. I brush my fingers along her cheeks and am in awe at her beauty and the love that I have for this little one.

We spend the day playing with little Elizabeth, with the various rattles and other toys

We spend the day playing with little Elizabeth, with the various rattles and other toys. Before I know realize it it's close to five and Sherlock is holding Elizabeth, "why don't you go take a shower? I'll take care of Lizzy."

I smile softly and nod, giving both of them a kiss before I head to the bathroom and take a shower. When I come back I see Sherlock is asleep on the couch with Elizabeth sleeping on his chest. I smile and watch them for a moment before picking her up and taking her up stairs, back to her bed. When I lay her down she wakes up and looks up at me, cooing and waving her little arms and legs. I smile down at her, "It's okay, mummy's here."

Once I make this comment I wake up and find myself still snuggled up to Sherlock, "what is it? Did you have a nightmare?"

I smile up at him and shake my head, "no, just a dream... a really nice dream..."

"Then why are you crying?" I had noticed it until Sherlock brushed his thumb on my cheek but I had been crying in my sleep.

"Because I want it to be real and someday it, hopefully, it will be."

Don't forget to

Vote

Comment

Follow

(I know the babies are a few months apart, I jut thought it was cute)