Chapter 1: Elliot

Elliot didn't know why he tortured himself. Looking at old pictures, feeling the pain in his chest grow with every flip of the page in the old scrapbook she had made him. It had been almost two years, the pain and anger still as prevalent as the day it happened. Every single detail was burned into his brain. Seeing the blood and mangled skin, watching her take her last breath. He still blamed himself. She had been pregnant, they had just found out, hadn't even told anyone. That's a secret he had never told anyone. They had been on their way to have dinner with his parents to tell them the good news when the jackass flew through an intersection running from the cops and blindsided them. It hit Katie's side and her head hit the window, broke the glass and punctured her carotid artery. It had taken just over a minute for her to bleed out all the while Elliot was crying and yelling her name.. He watched as she tried to speak. She whispered his name as a tear rolled down her cheek. He gripped at her hand and told her how much he loved her, begged her not to leave him. And then he saw her begin to give in. Her eyes rolled only slightly at first and he tried to pull them back to his face. Her eyes came back to him and then he watched the life drain from them. She was gone, she and his unborn child. He had screamed, struggled against the seatbelt and when he finally freed himself from the car he turned to the other vehicle. The police officers had thrown the driver to the ground and cuffed him. Elliot, the immediate anger pulsing through him, ran to them, slinging the police officers away from the man and swiftly stomped the mans head into the ground twice before the officers recovered and grabbed him. He looked down as the officer pulled him away. He was silent, letting the anger pulse through him. The man wasn't moving and if he was lucky had a broken neck because if not, Elliot would make sure the man's fate was much worse. When the coroner arrived he pronounced both Katie and her murderer dead on the scene. Because Elliot and his club had the officers and coroners office on their payroll, no charges had been filed. It was said that the driver had died on impact due to blunt force trauma.
Elliot felt his hands tighten around the edge of the book. His chest hurting and his breathing became shallow. A low grumble left his throat and he ground his teeth as he slammed the book shut and replaced it on the bookshelf. Standing, he walked out of the apartment and down the stairs to the shiny red Dyna parked in the breezeway.