Chapter 22: Scarlett

"Does this happen a lot? Them having to rush out I mean?" Scarlett and Myra were laid out in front of the tv watching a movie and sipping wine Myra had brought with her.

"Not usually, but with the stuff going on recently it doesn't surprise me. Zac told me you were there when it happened. Was it bad?"

"It was terrifying. Even though I was inside. Elliott has been a godsend this week. Having him around give me piece of mind honestly." Scarlett has been thinking about him since the moment he left.

"You two are getting pretty close. That's unusual for Elliott." Myra sipped her wine and gave Scarlett a small grin

"Would it surprise you if I said you aren't the first person to tell me that?"

"Nope." Myra giggled.

"I don't know what's going on there really. He's hot and cold so I'm having a hard time figuring out what's going through his mind." Scarlett sighed. Even though they had a good night, she didn't know if it would last. Elliott waged wars with himself constantly and she never knew when he was going to come to a resolve.

"Tell you this, I haven't see that boy with a single person since I met him so you gotta be special."

That gave Scarlett hope. If he was spending time with her, that obviously was a big deal for him. About the time they stopped talking the sound of motorcycles could be heard and headlights flashed across the windows.

"That didn't take long. See nothing to worry about cher." Scarlett liked Myra, she was straight forward and thoughtful. She'd made sure to reassure Scarlett multiple times since the guys left like she knew about the apprehension clouding Scarlett's mind.

Just as Scarlett was letting her mind wander, the front door opened and the sound of a fleeting engine filled the room. Elliott stood in the door way Zac following close behind. She examined him top to bottom, not knowing what she was looking for but being set at ease after assessing him and seeing he was whole. She breathed a sigh of relief, as if she had been holding it since he left.

"Come one baby, lets go home." Zac spoke monotoned and straight faced. Scarlett could tell something was off with him. Without a word Myra got up, waving goodbye and moving out the door.

"Is he okay?" She asked after the door had shut.

"He will be, are you okay?" Elliott walked over to where she leaned back on the arm of the couch. Flashbacks of her drunken stupidity made her blush.

"I'm fine. How did it go?" She asked as he sat down in front of her pulling her legs over his lap and resting a hand across her waist. The sense of normalcy gave her pause.

"Everything will be fine sugar. Don't worry. Trust me" he patted her leg.

"Do you want a beer? I can get you one." She went to pull her legs away but Elliott clamped down on them and wouldn't let her budge.

"I'm okay right now, thank you though." He leaned his head back on the couch rolling it to look into her eyes. The way he stared made her stomach do flips and her cheeks pink. His expression was laced with something she couldn't quite figure out, but she did see the exhaustion etched into it.

"You look tired." She said reaching down and laying a hand on top of his at her waist. He laced her fingers with his toying with her fingers and watching the way their hands tangled together. Touching Elliott was like holding onto a lightening bug, watching the sparks of light and feeling the magic flow through you. She watched him roll his fingers around her hand and studied the difference in them. Where her hands were small and soft his were much bigger and calloused. It's not something she ever though she would find attractive but on Elliott nothing would ever be unattractive. Feeling bold she brought his hand to her lips leaving a kiss on his knuckles. His hand tightened around hers and she glanced back up at him. His eyes were on fire, boring into hers. He released her hand and moved from under her legs. At first she though she might have gone too far and that he was going cold again but when he pushed her knees apart and slid in between them she knew otherwise.