Chapter 21: Elliott

He couldn't stop thinking about their kiss. Even as he sat outside on the deck talking with Zac after they had eaten he watched her through the window laughing with Myra.

"You want to tell me what that was that we interrupted?" Zac said pulling him back to their conversation with a smirk.

"Nope. But thanks for that by the way." Elliott joked and punched Zac in the arm.

"She makes you happy." Zac said staring out over the yard now.

"LC would probably kill me. She's something else though. Part of me feels like I'm doing something wrong. But being around her feels the complete opposite." Zac only nodded and took another pull of his beer. He turned to glance through the window watching Myra.

"I know how you feel man." 

Zac had been through hell and  refused to talk about it. But Myra had saved him in more ways than one during the darkest time in his life and everyone knew it. The man would kill anyone who looked at her wrong and Elliott respected that about him.
Just as Elliott was about to speak the door opened and the girls walked out. Myra took a seat in Zac's lap and Scarlett, Elliott could tell, was just as confused about her role in all of this as he was. She stood awkwardly leaning against the back of his chair. She leaned over his should producing a fresh beer and was reaching for his empty when he grabbed her hand pulling her around the chair and into his lap also, facing Zac and Myra. It was obvious what they had been talking about when the girls exchanged a quick look and a small knowing grin formed on Myra's lips.

"Shut up Myra" Elliott chuckled

"I said nothing" She spoke in a thick Cajun accent and batted her eyelashes as innocently as possible. Elliott gave Scarlett's waist a squeeze and she relaxed into him as they conversed.

"So are y'all coming to the barbecue nex-" Myra was cut off when Elliott and Zac's phones chimed. Both of them sighed.

"Well that didn't last long." Elliot said holding Scarlett a little tighter as he leaned over to retrieve his phone from his pocket.

"Shit, we gotta go. Myra, stay here with Scarlett, we will send someone over to hang out." Zac spoke knowing Myra would understand.

Elliott nudged Scarlett to get up and he walked with her back inside leaving Myra and Zac on the deck. "Look, we are going to have a prospect come sit on the house. You both stay here, nobody leaves unless Zac or I are with you."

"Elliott what's going on?" He could tell she was starting to freak out.

"None of that now. Everything is fine. We just have club business to handle and I want you safe until I get back" he leaned in and kissed her softly. "I shouldn't be long." He smirked down at her.

He could see the look cross her face and the smirk form on her lips just before she said  "Better not be" leaning in she kissed him again, this time captivating his lips causing him to wrap his arms around her, resting his hands on her ass. Then the door opened.

"You're killing me man." Elliott chuckled as he pulled back from her and turned to Zac entering the room, Myra in tow. Zac only grinned. "Did you call Pete?" Pete was one of their seasoned prospects who was projected to be patched in soon.

"Yeah, he should be here in ten."

The prospect arrived in almost ten minutes on the dot and after their goodbyes Elliott and Zac were headed toward the clubhouse.

Tack: we've been hit again. Church now.

When they pulled into the clubhouse the yard looked like every brother in the state had been called in, which they learned to be true as they walked through the door. Apparently Tack had made some phone calls after their last incident and the guys came in just in time. They had one of the best trackers in the south on the Hell Rangers and apparently they were too close for comfort because they hit one of the out houses the club used to push product out of. Luckily there wasn't much product due to the run Elliott and Zac had just made but they still over stepped once again and unfortunately the club had lost a dealer in the process. It was one thing to come into the yard and shoot for attention, it was another to spill blood. Teague was one of their local pushers who mostly dealt at college bars and parties but now he wasn't pushing anything but daisies.

"What's the plan Tack?" Elliott asked sitting as the right hand of his father around the large wooden table once again.

"Red says they are on the move. Remember Knox?"

"The presidents pansy kid?" Elliott asked

"Well he's no pansy anymore because his pop appointed him the new Hell Rangers president and he's gunning for us" Tack said gruffly pushing down his beard.

"How in the hell is he behind all this? The kid couldn't be more than twenty two?"

"Well apparently daddy's boy turned into a man with a shit plan and he's got his sights set on bringing down our whole operation. We've set up a meet with him tomorrow night to see what his demands are. But in the mean time watch your backs, these guys obviously have a few screws loose and don't have shit to lose. It wouldn't surprise me if shit doesn't hit the fan and when that happens we have to be ready. Elliott I want you, Zac, and Klutch with me at the meet so don't make any plans. We will have prospects on the girls until we get this stuff figured out."

"You think he'd go after them?" Someone from the back asked.

"I'm not sure how far they would go but I won't to take any chances. Elliott keep an eye on Scarlett, LC will haunt all of us until the day we die if something happened to her." This drew a laugh from most of the guys. Elliott only nodded. He could tell Zac was mad, his white knuckles on the table told him so, but he didn't say anything as church adjourned and they began to clear out.

"Shot?" The bartender, a skinny bleach blonde with fake tits asked as they passed. Elliott began to turn to Zac but he was already at the bar.

"They are going to be fine brother. Those dipshits don't know their asses from their elbows." Zac nodded downing one shot then tapped the bar for another.

"Come on, lets get back to them." Elliott said pushing Zac's shoulder. If he let him Zac would sit here all night drinking so it was better for them to leave even though the other guys had settled into their barstools for the night.