Chapter 4: Elliott

Elliot stared down at the headstone. Flashbacks of Katie's funeral running through his head. He hadn't even been able to function that day, or in the weeks after for that matter. Being here now, at the foot of LC's grave was almost too much for him to handle, but the man had been like a father to him. LC had been there after Katie, for him to talk to. They had both lost a family, in one way or another. And so when the old man found out about the cancer, Elliott was there for him too. They were brothers. In the club, but also by choice.
It had been four days since LC's funeral. Elliot missed the old bastard. Which is why he stool here, talking to a headstone, until his phone buzzed in his pocket.

Meet me at the club house 2:30

From Tack, no doubt. His father had such a way with words.
Elliot turned, bidding farewell to his old friend, and heading back to his bike. Maybe a long ride would do him some good, he had a few hours to kill before meeting Tack.

Riding through the quarter never got old for Elliott. This was his city. The place he grew up. And he loved every bit of it. The tourists were almost comical. The history, he felt to his core. But the food, the food was what he loved most. Riding down the street, the smells of all different cuisine spilled out from the fronts of homes and restaurants. It warmed him from the inside out. He could never, and would never give this up.