Chapter 1

"Babe, come here. The guys are here." I was finishing getting all of their snacks out on the bar. I had so much food for a giant party, but I knew Bret and his few friends would finish it quickly I rushed over to Bret, and he scoffed at my appearance.

I was in a summer dress, but I had flour and dough covered apron with my hair in a messy bun, and I probably had some flour on my face.

"I'm sorry babe, I just finished your food. I didn't think you would want me around while the guys were here."

"Who else is going to serve us the food?" He sneered.

"I figured you would get up and go to the kitchen for them. I wanted to relax in the bath and read."

"No, you don't need to be lazy, you are lazy enough. Hurry and go clean yourself up. I will let the guys in, this better not happen again."

"Ok, Bret. Thank you."

I ran up the stairs and started cleaning up.

'You shouldn't let him treat you like that' My wolf Emberly said.

'What other choice do I have? We have no mate so he was doing us a favor and taking us in. We are getting married soon, maybe he will change after the wedding.'

'No, you didn't choose this your parents did. Don't act like you want to be here.'

'I'm just making the most of it since we are stuck here.'

'Rebekkah! Get down here now!' Bret yelled through our mind-link. Since he's the Alpha he can mind-link with anyone and our pack can mind-link with each other in the pack.

I rushed down and saw all of his friends looking at me like a piece of meat.

"Bret, you got a fine girl."

"I know, she's got some fine assets if you get my drift."

They laughed and Bret motioned for me to turn around, so I did. I heard a few wolf whistles.

"I told you. Anyway, let's watch the game. Babe, go get us food and beers."

I nodded and went to grab all the stuff. I hated the way he let them talk about me, and was apart of it himself.

'Our mate will save us.' Emberly spoke with hope.

'I wish he would, but we don't have a mate.' She stayed silent.

I gathered up all of the food and drinks and put them on a tray. I went to the living room where they were all yelling at the tv. I quickly and quietly set the food up in front of them, in a way that I never blocked their view. I opened all their beers and put them in front of them.

I went off to the kitchen to clean more and to make some more food, I know they will need it.

After I made the food I checked to see if they needed more and as I predicted, they did. I went out and filled the chips up along with all the dip. I put more wings on the table and put more beers in front of them.

They didn't notice, and even if they did they didn't acknowledge me in any way. I decided to clean the trash around them then go and do laundry. I started with mine, sorting and starting a load. After starting that I went and cleaned our room and his office. I was sorting his papers and saw a note.

Hey Babe,

I had a great time last night

hope to do it again soon. XOXO

-Britney

I scoffed, of course, he's going behind my back.

I didn't care that much, I already suspected it. I didn't love him and he didn't love me so it didn't matter.