Chapter 5

Bret. My ex-fiance. He's here. 

What will Alpha do? 

Surely this is when he will refuse Bret, realize what has been happening, and start to treat me like a mate. Who am I kidding? That stuff only happens in movies and fairy tales. 

"How can I help you?" Alpha asked. 

"I came because I wanted my property back." 

"And what property would that be Alpha Brown?" Alpha adjusted his posture to look bigger.

"Well, Alpha Giovanni, that little girl behind you is. She is engaged to me and she ran away a few weeks ago. I thank you for caring for her but, I would like her back now." 

"Come in." Alpha stepped aside and let Bret in. 

"Maid, go get us drinks." 

"Yes Alpha what would you like?" 

"Beers, make it snappy." 

I bowed my head and went to grab their drinks. I could still hear them though. 

"Dude, I have been trying to get her that submissive for a year. How did you do that?" 

"Easy, she's scared of me and my men. They ruffed her up a little, plus she has the impending execution above her head." 

I came out with their drinks. I served them and started walking away, but he stopped me. 

"Maid. Wait here." 

"So, you are engaged to this girl?"

"Yes, our families found it in everyone's best interest to have a marriage between the two." 

Alpha nodded his head. "Understandable. So you want to take her off my hands?" He asked with a smirk.

"It would be a favor to you, but we would be even. You tamed her and kept her safe for me."

"Think nothing of it, she has been helpful to my Luna." 

"I see you have also gotten her to lose some of that fat on her." 

My wolf was growling, not only at all the talk about me like I'm some sort of pet but also at Alpha for not sticking up for me.

"Well, we should be going. It was great to meet you, Alpha, thank you again for helping her." 

"It was no problem." 

They stood and did the bro hug thing. 

"Come Rebekkah." 

I almost growled at how he was talking to me. But I didn't want a worse beating for myself. 

I obediently followed and left without a second glance back at my mate. 

We got in the car and I could tell I was in for it when we got back. 

"You are in some deep shit."

I kept quiet. 

"What the hell were you thinking running away? Did you think you were going to find your mate and live happily ever after? No one will ever love you, I am still doing you an enormous favor by still being willing to marry you." 

"I know sir. Thank you." 

I wanted to cry. I am sick of living like this.

"You really thought you could get away from me? I can do whatever the hell I want. I am the head of this house and you are not going to undermine me, woman. Understood?"