Chapter 7

It is officially our wedding day. 

I have always dreamed of this day, like most girls. As a little girl, I imagined my wedding over and over again. In all of my daydreams, this is nothing in any of them. I thought that when I got back things would be different, better. And for a while they were. Then he got worse. He was extremely verbally and physically abusive. He treated me worse than a dog. 

It has gotten so bad that me and my wolf are now not caring about what happens to us. We believe a lot of what he tells us. I believe every word of it actually.

I remember the night he finally broke me completely.

"Woman!" He shouted. 

"Yes, sir?" I said coming up to him. 

"What the hell do you call this?" He said holding up his coffee mug. 

"I-um-I." I stuttered. "It is c-coffee sir." 

He threw it at me, the searing hot liquid burning me. 

"This is not coffee! I think this is grounds for punishment since I have repeatedly told you how I like my coffee."

Arguing would just make it worse. 

We went down to the basement and he had me strip down to my bra and panties, then sit in a big chair. I sat in it and he strapped me down. 

He picked up a whip a cracked it in front of me. 

I flinched, but he just laughed. 

"What are you in trouble for?" 

"For not making your coffee how it should be sir." I said with my head down.

"What are you?" 

"I am nothing, I am your maid, I am worthless, I am lucky that you were gracious to take someone like me in." 

"How about your looks?"

"I am a fat, ugly, piece of trash." 

He hummed and picked up a piece of my dirty blonde hair, then tugged it hard. I looked up into his amber eyes with my blue/grey. 

He picked up the whip and starting harshly whipping me. No matter what I said, he just loved my screams. He would match my screams with his own, telling me how worthless I was.

I believed him. Every word. 

I know I wanted to get better, but that didn't happen. I just broke even more. I was irreparable.

And now I'm going to marry the man who shattered me. I am going to be tethered to him forever. Lord knows he would never agree to divorce.

I am currently getting pushed around by women I barely know, they are doing my hair, my makeup, nails, everything. I have no clue what any of this is going to look like. He wanted to control the whole thing. 

I barely talk anymore, just one or two words here and there. I don't get to socialize with anyone but Bret. I most likely will now, because he wants to look like a loving leader and husband, which would mean in public we are the perfect couple. But, no one knows what goes on behind closed doors.

"Luna, it's time." 

The girls around me started squealing and I put on a fake smile. 

We get down to the doors and the wedding march starts. I take a deep breath and start walking. 

I, unfortunately, have to admit that this dress is beautiful. It is a simple, sleek, and elegant style. I have lace sleeves and is jeweled heavily at the top, getting less as the dress goes down. 

I traveled down the aisle as slow as my father would let me. My father wanted to give me away and Bret said it would be good. I think he thought it would be good just for the mere fact that I would actually go through with it, and not run off again. 

I finally got up there and I looked up into Bret's eyes. He had a look that said 'I love you', but really I knew it was fake. 

I couldn't hear anything the priest said. I felt Bret squeeze my hands and I looked at the priest. 

"Are alright dear?" He kindly asked. 

I looked up at Bret, and he dared me to say no. 

"I-um, yes, sorry." 

"Well let's continue shall we?" 

I nodded. 

"Do you, Rebekah Miller, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband; and as your Alpha?" 

I looked at Bret and he stared me down. 

"I-"

"I object!"

Gasps echoed around the grounds. 

We all turned and looked at the strange voice. 

I gasped as well, it was Hudson. What is he doing here? I thought he didn't care about me or what happens in his brother's 'love life'. 

"And why would you object sir?" 

He walked closer down the aisle towards us, his strong demeanor demanded respect. 

His shaggy dirty blonde hair blowing in the slight breeze. When his gaze fell on me I felt his green eyes piercing me.

I didn't ever really look at his appearance. He really did look like Asher. They both had tall figures, sharp jawlines, incredible physiques, and their presence was not to be ignored.

"Because this girl has a true mate. And this is not him. She was sold to him by her parents, and he is abusive to her." 

More gasps. 

"Do you have proof of this sir?" 

"I don't need proof. My word should be good enough. I am brother to the Alpha of the Black Blood pack. I am Hudson Giovanni, and I am taking this girl with me." 

"Sir, are you her mate?" 

"No, but her mate is back in my pack. I am not telling anyone who it is and neither is she. And no matter what any of you say. She is coming with me." 

Bret growled loudly. 

"No! She is mine and she is staying here." 

Wolves started coming out of the forest, both shifted and human. 

"She is coming with me. Come now, Rebekah." 

I hesitated. I would get beat hard if Bret ever got me back, but Hudson scares me too.

Hudson growled. "Rebekah, now!" 

I scurried over to him and didn't look up at all. I didn't want to get beat.

Another wolf came over and took me. 

I could hear fighting and shouting break out and I wanted so badly to go back and end it. But the wolf kept pulling me and took me to the forest where they had a car waiting.