Chapter 9

We got returned to the pack that I wanted to leave behind forever.

The wolves took me in and took me to an actual room and not a cell.

I just wanted to sleep and have some time alone to think. I laid on the bed and fell into a deep deep sleep.

I awoke later to Hudson gently trying to wake me up. He was bent over the bed and lightly shaking my arm.

I stared at him questioningly. 

"I need you to spray your room and yourself with this to make sure he doesn't find you for a few days. It would mess everything up." 

I nodded and let him douse me in the unscented spray. I was glad it wasn't perfume or anything like that because it would have given me a headache with so much of the spray on. 

"You need to just stay here for now and I will be back later and then we can hopefully work everything out." 

I nodded. 

"Why aren't you saying much? I used to hear stories of the spitfire maid. What happened to her?"

I shrugged and then looked down. 

"I see. I will be back later."

With that, he left the room and left me to my own thoughts. 

I decided about an hour or two later that I wanted to go explore more since I only ever saw the same rooms and just to clean. I took the spray with me. 

I explored multiple floors and multiple rooms, but my favorite room I found was the library. I didn't know a man like that would have a room so spectacular. I found a sketch pad in there and a window seat and ended up drawing for hours. I wasn't too focused on what I was sketching and when I finally came out of my trance I saw what it was. 

I sighed and flipped the page to try and draw something else. But that picture was the same, just a different angle. Then I drew something slightly different but it was still of the same thing. 

I kept drawing him from the side and the front then I drew just his eyes, and I can see that I am drawing his face. I need to get him out of my mind, even if I have to reject him myself. But, I would never have the courage to do that. They say it is so painful that it causes both people tremendous amounts of pain.

I finally put the sketchbook away after signing my name on it. Then I grabbed a book. I sat and read until I became sleepy. 

I decided it would be best to go back to my room before I fall asleep and someone finds me, but I got lost. I wandered the halls looking but got myself even more lost. 

I bumped into someone and immediately feared for my life. I saw him and sighed, it was just a warrior. 

"What are you doing wandering these halls?" 

"I'm sorry sir, I got lost. I am looking for my room."

"What floor are you supposed to be on?"

"I-I think it's the s-second floor." 

"Put your right hand on the wall and follow it until you see the stairs. You are on the fourth floor. From there you should be able to find your room right?" 

"Yes s-sir." 

"Go." 

I scurried along to get to where he said and found  my way quickly. 

I was too scared to sleep now so I took a short bath. It relaxed me enough to where I could sleep.