Chapter 13

I groaned. 

What am I doing? I should leave and never look back. Take my son and go somewhere that he will never find me. I need to protect myself and my son. 

But is it fair to my son to not be with his dad? I know how it feels to be deprived of that relationship and it would be worse because he is a boy. I cannot fulfill the role of a father. I am a mother and I am not able to do both, I know, I researched it to see if it was possible. 

It is but it doesn't turn out well for the child a majority of the time. 

I heard a loud knock on my door. I shushed the person and checked on Liam. Once I was sure he would stay asleep I went to the door. 

I opened it and saw Asher. 

He was stoic. 

"What do you want? You almost woke the baby." 

"You are coming to lunch with me. No arguments. I have found someone to watch the baby." 

"What? No! We are not a couple. And who is watching my son?" 

"Maybe not, but we need to agree on parenting. You just have to trust me."

"I will tell you the way I parent. He is my child, you don't even know him-"

"And you do? What's to know he is just a baby! All he does is sleep, eat, and poop!" 

"Excuse me? I know my son. I could instantly pick him out of 100 babies. He is mine." 

"What can you know about the baby?"

"His name is Liam. I know how he is physically, and I know his personality. For example, when he is awake he likes to be turned away from me so he can see things, but he doesn't like others holding him. He likes it when I sing to him, and when he is hungry he is cranky."

He stayed silent.

He is different than yesterday. 

"If that is it, I would like to go for a walk alone." 

He went to oppose, but decided against it and left. 

I grabbed Liam and he woke up slightly,  but just fell back asleep when I put him in his stroller by the door. 

I heard someone talking on the other side of the door. 

I opened it and that girl from last night was on the doorstep. 

She was on the phone. 

"Yes babe, I am coming. Well, I'm already here. Alright. I will come up to your office. What? Why? Asher, I am not sneaking up to your room. I never had to before, why now?" She just walked by us without looking at us. 

I scoffed. Of course, he didn't change people like him don't.

I went back to our room and packed what little things I had taken for overnight. 

Then I wrote a note. I couldn't help myself. I like writing notes. 

Asher, 

I am sick and tired of your games. They mess with me too much, you and I both know it. I am leaving. I pray I will never see you again my heart wouldn't be able to handle it. I would say that I wish I had never met you, but then I wouldn't have MY beautiful son. No matter what you do I don't know if you could make up for this. I wanted you to search for me and prove you loved me like you said, but you didn't and you chose another girl. A girl who has a mate somewhere, when your true mate was just a little way away. But, you didn't care and now I don't.