Chapter 11

Why didn't it work?

Why couldn't I just be at peace?

Did he bring me back to just torture me more?

He called me baby, he must be just trying to mess with my heart to hurt me more.

So many questions like this were circling in my head.

Lots of people, strangers mostly, have tried to get me to talk in the week I have been awake. I still refuse to say anything. The only things I will do is slightly nod and slightly shake my head. Alpha watches me from the couch as he does paperwork, he thinks I don't know but I do.

Why is he here?

Is he observing the best way to hurt me?

This thought made me cry all over again.

I felt a thumb brush them away, and jumped. I opened my eyes and saw Alpha there. He was cleaning my face of the tears.

I scooted away in very minuscule movements so I didn't get hit. I saw in his eyes that he knew what I was doing, and the only emotion I could read was regret.

Regret what? Not hitting me?

Not letting me die? I regret that too.

I just stared up at him, getting lost in his green eyes. But that didn't last very long, I quickly remembered the rules and looked down.

I felt him gently grab my chin, and I whimpered. I tried to hold it in but I couldn't. He brought my face up and made me look in his eyes again. 

This time I not only saw regret, but also a deep sadness. 

"Ma-Rebekkah, I-I-"

He was at a loss for words and I just stayed silent.

"Rebekkah, what do you need? Do you want food, o-or water?"

I turned my head away from him. 

"Baby, please talk to me. I want to make sure that you are taken care of. That's my job." 

Tears were coming down. What horrible twisted game was he playing? I need to stay away from him and his tricks and games. I will not be caught in his trap again. 

The door opened and it was the doctor. He looked between the two and I saw that there was a debate between him and his wolf. I bet that the human side wanted to kick the Alpha out, but the wolf side wouldn't want to disrespect its Alpha. 

"Alpha, is everything alright here?"

"Yes, sir it is." Alpha nodded. 

The doctor looked at me. 

"Is this true dear?" 

I hesitated. 

"It's alright you can tell me the truth. The Alpha won't do anything to hurt you." 

I looked at Alpha and I was terrified. Not because he was threatening me, but for the opposite. He looked like he genuinely wanted me to tell the doctor the truth.

I nodded.

"Alright, dear." 

The old man left, which left Alpha and me alone in awkward silence.

"Why did you let me stay?" Alpha asked after a few minutes.

I just stayed silent. 

"Rebekkah, please just talk to me." 

I stayed silent. I don't want to say anything to anyone. 

"Fine. Since you don't want to talk to me I will just go."