Chapter 15

[ Emma's pro ]
It's been just over a month. I still wake up most mornings and look next to me to find Regina not there. I also look at my phone just waiting for her to text. She never does. Obviously. Henry had his 15th birthday and that was the most we had seen him this month. He's a complete shut in and I've caught him smoking a few times which I don't like. Dani comes home drunk every Friday night or hungover every Saturday morning. Camilla and max keep fighting and arguing about stupid things. Regina had managed to stop them before. Now they don't listen to me.

My phone then started ringing. It's Robin. At work I have to be civil but right now I really don't. It's 8 at night and the kids are all around the house. I'm in the lounge watching tv. It's a Saturday.

"Hello" I say annoyed as I answer.

"Emma I need your help" he quickly said.

"Why am I gonna help you"

"Because Regina's in trouble. She needs your help"

I sat up shocked. I'm a little scared now and worried.

"What's wrong with her? Is she ok"

"She's heading for the town bridge. She's going to jump"

"What?! Fuck! Ok I'll try stop her" I quickly hung up and ran to the door. While putting my shoes on I shouted up the stairs. "DANI?! COME DOWN HERE PLEASE"

Dani came down as I put my jacket on.

"Yeah"

"I have to go. Regina's in trouble. I'll be back as soon as I can. I'm sorry"

"Ow my god. Call me when you find her"

I kissed her head and ran out the house. I had my keys and my phone in my hand. I drove as fast as the car allowed to get to the bridge. It's exactly 35 minutes from Regina's house to the bridge. 28 minutes from mine. With how fast I drove the car I got there in 14 minutes. The bridge was empty except one car in the middle. The door was open. I parked next to it and looked around.

"Regina where are you" I whispered to myself.

I then noticed her stood on the other side of the railing on the bridge. She was holding onto the railing and looking down. I ran over and saw her looking scared.

"Regina" I softly say.

She looked round at me and looked shocked.

"Emma? What are you doing here"

"Stopping you. Why are you doing this" I started but she cut me of.

"Because my life sucks. The day after we broke up Robin actually broke my arm beating me. He hurts me so badly and I nearly broke my neck running from him once. The only things in this world that kept me going were you and then Katie. Now I don't have you and Katie shouldn't have someone like me as a mum. Im not ready to be a mother. If I'm not strong enough to fight Robin away how can I raise a child. I left her in a supermarket because I'm a bad mum. I can't live like this anymore. I can't live being in pain 24/7. I can't live without you" she was crying lots.

I looked shocked at what she said. I left and he got worse. She must have been around him more now. I stepped closer to her but only a little.

"It's ok Regina. Your not a bad mum I promise. I dropped Henry of a changing table before and Camilla was in the toilet one time. There just mistakes people make. As for me. I still love you and always will. If your willing to I will fight to get you. You have to trust me ok? Don't do this. Katie needs you. Don't leave her with Robin. Me and my kids need you. I love you Regina mills and I'm begging right now do not do this" I can see more tears leaving her eyes and her shaking more. I had my hand out to her and took another step closer.

"Back up or I will jump" she quickly says. I stepped back and had my hand still out to her. "How can I trust that your not just saying that to get me down? You must hate me? I hate me"

"I don't hate you. I love you and that's what hurt me is that I love you more than anything. If you jump your not only ruining Katie's life but my children's and my life. I don't want to go threw the pain I went threw with Neal again. Regina come home with me" she was now looking at me softly.

I had my hand out to her and stepped closer again. She looked back down at the water and leaned over holding the railing. My heart skipped a beat.

"What if no matter how much we fight Robin still wins"

"He won't. I promise your coming home with me and your going to live with me and not him. There isn't a judge in the world that wouldn't let you out of the marriage even if he won't sign"

She's still looking at the water. I can see her leaning more and more towards it. I did something that got her attention and made her lean back. I sang.

"What would I do without your smart mouth
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
Got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down
What's going on in that beautiful mind
I'm on your magical mystery ride
And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright

My head's under water
But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections

Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning

'Cause I give you all, all of me
And you give me all, all of you

How many times do I have to tell you
Even when you're crying you're beautiful too
The world is beating you down, I'm around through every move
You're my downfall, you're my muse
My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues
I can't stop singing, it's ringing, in my head for you

My head's under water
But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections

Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning

'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all, all of you
Give me all of you

Cards on the table, we're both showing hearts
Risking it all, though it's hard

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections

Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning

'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you

I give you all, all of me"

She had tears in her eyes and she was facing me. She already had tears down her cheeks.

"You can sing? That was amazing" she says softly.

"I've always been able to sing. Please Regina" I held my hand out to her as I took a few more steps closer.

She looked at it and then back at the water.

"I love you Emma swan"