Chapter 21

[ Emma's pro ]
Regina walked into the kitchen. She has just got home from work. I kissed her softly.

"I'll get the kids and we can talk" I say walking passed. I to the stairs. "Kids. Come down here. We need to talk"

I went to the kitchen and Regina was sitting back down at the table. I kissed her head and hugged her from behind.

"You know there not going to be happy about this decision of yours" she says as she put her hands over mine.

"I know... but I know they have you"

"I'll make sure nothing ever happens to them. I love you"

"I love you two" I kissed her head and sat down next to her.

All the kids walked into the room. They sat down round the table. I held Regina's hand and they all looked curiously at us why we're here.

"Your mum had something she needs to tell you" Regina says before looking at me. I nodded slightly at her before looking at the kids.

"I've known for 8 years now that I have terminal cancer" I softly said.

"What?!" Henry shouts shocked.

"Mum are you going to die" max asked.

I looked at all there sad and worried faces. I could feel the tears building in my eyes.

"Yes I will die" I nod.

"When" Henry says looking worried.

"This is what we need to talk to you about" Regina says looking at them.

"Mum don't do it. Please stay on the pills" dani says with tears in her eyes.

"What pills" Camilla asked.

"What's kept me alive the last 8 years is the medication I'm on but if I carry on with it I'll last another 7 years. I hate taking it and it's honestly not a life I can live like anymore. I've decided I'm going to come of the pills which will allow me to live about another year. I know this isn't something you want to hear but I take lots of pills during the day and I can't stand doing it anymore"

They all looked half shocked half worried. I didn't know what to say and I knew they didn't.

"It's honestly for the best for your mum. She wants to live her life to the fullest and doing this isn't" Regina says breaking the silence.

"So you have the choice to live 7 years or 1 year and you chose 1 year" max says confused.

Henry stood up and walked out of the room.

"Why would you do that? I thought we were a family" Camilla says with tears in her eyes.

Her and max stood up before walking out of the room. I looked at dani and she had tears in her eyes.

"I know this is what you think is best for you but what about us? We need you in our life and your gonna leave" she says as a tear left her eyes.

"Sweetie I take 12 pills 3 times a day and they make me feel sick. I want to live the rest of my life to the fullest with you. The reason we couldn't sky dive together is because I'm not allowed to while I'm taking them. Please understand and please talk to your siblings"

"Fine. I don't like this but I understand" she said after hesitating.

She stood up and walked out of the room. I sighed and put my head on the table. Regina rubbed my back softly.

"It's ok baby"

"No it's not. They hate me for making this decision" I say not lifting my head.

"Em they don't have you. They'll understand soon why your doing this"

Later that night. I went upstairs to Camilla's room and opened the door.

"It's time for bed sweetie"

She stood up from the floor and turned her tv of. She went to her bed and pulled the covers over her. She then had her back to me and didn't say a word. I went over and sat on the bed.

"Camilla look at me"

She turned round and looked upset at me.

"Why are you leaving us? Did we do something wrong"

"No sweetie of course not. I'm very sick and I don't like living the way I do. I've been doing it for 8 years. You can understand that's a lot. Its not I don't love you because I do and I hate this so much"

"I don't want you to die" she cried.

I held my arms out. She sat up and hugged me tight. I held her close and she sobbed on my shoulder.

"I don't want to either but unfortunately I don't have a choice. I know you'll be ok because I know Regina will be such an amazing mum for you"

"I want both of you as my mums. This isn't fair" she says still sobbing.

"I know sweetie but that's how the world works"

"But what if you and Regina dies at the same time"

"That won't happen. Please don't worry"

She hugged me again and sobbed more. Max came in and sat down. I held my arm out and he joined the hug. Henry and Dani also came in and hugged me. This is why I didn't want people to know. It would have been easier if I just stopped taking them and then when it was close tell them I have cancer and not long to live. I cried along with them and knew this is the hardest thing I could have possibly done.

They all pulled away. Dani, Henry and max stood up from the bed. Camilla led down and looked upset. I gestured for them to sit on the bed with my head. The boys sat down and dani stood next to me.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away"

I would sing that to them all when they were younger. I kissed cams head and stood up. We all left her room while she slept. Henry went straight to his room and so did Dani. I took max to his room. I kissed him goodnight and went to the door.

"Mum"

"Yes sweetie"

"How long are you going to be alive"

"At least a year"

He gave me a sad look and closed his eyes. I left the room and went to mine. Regina was in there reading a book. I went in and led down on the bed with a sigh. She took of her glasses and put the book down.

"You alright baby"

"I don't know" I replied before rolling onto my back and going to sleep. I felt a soft kiss on my cheek as I drifted of.