sixty-five

// real life //

"you're allowed to see him now, mr. chalamet," the doctor said, stepping out of the way of the door so timothée could go in.

before timothée went in, the doctor put his hand on timmy's shoulder. "warning though. peter has, well, amnesia. we do not know when his memory cuts off. the effects will be temporary, we predict."

"is there a chance that my boyfriend will never know me?" timothée asked.

the doctor nodded. "his memory should come back between a few weeks to a few months. all we know is that he will have his memories back."

"okay."

timothée stepped into the room. ben was sitting in a chair next to peter's bed. peter was awake and was talking to ben.

timothée awkwardly stood there for a few moments.

ben spotted timothée first. "hey, timmy!"

timothée smiled. "hey, ben! hey, babe."

peter looked confused. "ben since when have you had a boyfriend? since when are you gay?"

timothée's face fell.

ben snorted. "no, silly, timothée is your boyfriend."

peter shook his head. "no, i'm pretty sure that i don't have a boyfriend."

timothée's eyes went glassy. "i should go."

"no, please don't," ben said.

"he doesn't remember me. he doesn't remember his life here," timothée breathed. "i need some time alone, please, ben."

ben shook his head. "sure thing, timothée."

timothée exited out of peter's room.

"ben! where did your boyfriend go?" peter asked.

the nearly broke timothée's heart.

"again, he's your boyfriend."