Chapter 3

◢✥◣ 

The Family

  ◥✥◤  

I began the day by bumping into two vampires. Absolutely splendid.

It's been 3 days since she came to New Orleans and she's already met more vampires than the total number of friends she had back in London. As she strolled, she thought about last night's events.

Willow didn't know why, but she didn't feel the need to obliviate the man who she had just encountered. She always believed in her intuition and concluded that he and the other souls who watched her fight last night were completely harmless though she could sense that they were Vampires.

But there was something about this man. Though Marcel was a vampire too, the aura around the brown hair vampire was completely unique from the so-called King of New Orleans. To be very honest, Willow was equally curious about their species too. Yes, the wizarding world had its own set of vampires, but they were the cliched garlic fearing and exquisitely nocturnal ones. From that being said, surely seeing them walking around the morning had piqued her interest.

She apparated onto the deserted road in which her house was located in and walked at a fast pace. Willow was heading to her house. Thanks to Marcel Gerard she was able to find a place to stay that was distant from the muggle population. She didn't want to attract the unwanted attention of any sorts.

Before leaving for vacation, Hermione had mentioned that New Orleans has its own set of supernatural creatures walking around including vampires and also suggested that there was a high chance of bumping into the infamous Esther's Vampires as well.

Surely that wasn't possible, Willow thought. She's only heard of them in stories- The tale of the vindictive and notorious Niklaus Mikaelson, a hybrid between a vampire and a werewolf, and his 4 siblings. Was that even possible though? she thought. Her grandmother spent a lot of time reciting stories and bards and he was definitely one among them. She heard tales of how they would always get what they wanted without any hesitation, no matter what the obstacle may stand. She recalled that the scary nuance of the stories would immediately send her to slumber.

But what were the chances, she wondered. She had no intentions of entertaining such creatures. And even if she did, she hoped that they don't turn out to be like those bloodthirsty rogue blokes she had encountered. She pushed those thoughts away because she finally came to a halt in front of her house.

The exterior of the household was in ruins. Onlookers who walked, which was very unlikely, would conclude that this was an old abandoned house. The windows only consisted of shattered glass and the sill had green vines crawling upon it. The fences looked tattered and broken and the pathway leading to the porch was dirty with mud and some moss. It was a small house but Willow didn't mind. Simplicity had its own charm.

She walked past the tattered fences surrounding the uncut grass and made her way to the porch, not trying to get her pants dirty from the path. The stairs up to the porch creaked as she stepped on to them. The desolate look was all part of the package of not drawing attention so she didn't mind.

"Oh Hello, Iris! How was your flight?"

A brown tawny owl with beady hazel eyes flew up to Willow and perched on her shoulders. She hooted in response to her question and nibbled her ear gently. Willow knew it was her way of showing affection and also the fact that she may be hungry. She adjusted her feathers, ensuring it doesn't bother her master.

She went to open the door, only to realize that the handle was broken. But that didn't bother her. Why would it, when she could just pull out her wand and say