Chapter 14

◢✥◣

The Priceless Flowers

◥✥◤

"How can you possibly take out a girl alone to the city with you and not call it a date Elijah?"

"I agree with you Bex," nodded Kol, "I mean it's so obvious you're going on a date brother. This suit you're wearing can end world hunger."

Elijah glared at Kol while adjusting his dark, navy blue tie. If not for Kol's and Rebekah's constant tease, he may have kept this night visit in confidence with himself. The rest of the afternoon, right after the visit to Willow's house, both of them couldn't keep their mouth shut about the date plan they overheard.

Did you see his fist clench when I held her hand, Bex?

You're forgetting the death glare you received when you got a little too comfy with her, Kol.

And right now, Elijah wished that they would keep their mouths shut, never used to being picked on when it comes to women. But did he subtly enjoy it? He would never admit.

Kol jumped onto Elijah's bed, patting it purposefully like any other child would when seen on a huge bed. In spite of hearing his elder brother wince, he continued to ruffle his neatly tucked-in bed, turning over to see his sister sitting on Elijah's emerald green chair.

"Sister. Five Blood Bags. By the end of the day, Elijah's Trench coat will be over Willow's shoulder. Bet?"

"You sore loser, I am not a fool to partake in bets that involve in me losing, dear brother."

"Et tu, Brute?" asked Elijah with his head cocked, eyebrows raised as he ironically slid into his black trench coat. He remembered how most of his night dates with his former love ended with him giving over his coat to her, either because it was too cold or she would forget to wear her own. Deep down he wished either of one would happen tonight, never getting tired of his gentlemen maneuvers.

"Oh come on Elijah! It is so obvious. You like the girl!" exclaimed Rebekah, as she walked over to him, holding onto his shoulders. "It's been two bloody years since all wreck was heaved upon us. It is high time my brothers moved on and I am glad you're the first one to make a move."

It's not as easy as you think it is, sister," said Kol with a half-hearted smile, "It takes a lot of courage, but I am glad Elijah has recovered."

"But she knows about Hayley," said Elijah.

"So what brother? Good riddance if I must say."

Rebekah slapped him by the shoulder, but Kol being Kol, dusted it off like a row of dirt on his sleeve. Elijah getting tired of their baby-like tantrums, made his way out of his room to start his night.

"Good luck for tonight brother. Remember what I told you, Willow loves sunflowers and hates talking about werewolves."

But by the time he could complete it, Elijah was out of the vampires' earshot.

"Curious really, why doesn't she like werewolves you say?" asked Rebekah, turning her head sideways at him.

"I am equally curious as you are Bex because she said something I had never heard in my life outside my plushy coffin."

"And that would be?" asked a curious Rebekah.

"That Nik's werewolf side must be a saint when compared to the encounters she has had with her world's werewolves."

--

Willow glanced to the miniature grandfather clock that stood beside the mantle, apprehensively.