Chapter 6

◢✥◣ 

Night Walks

◥✥◤ 

"Esther's Vampires? That is such a ghastly title for us." said the blonde woman as she heard Willow's exclamation.

"Ah, love yes. I may have forgotten to tell you my full name. It's Kol Mikaelson." Willow stared, her face astonished, but it slowly dawned upon her - she was in the same room as The Niklaus Mikaelson.

She turned around to look at him. He was staring at her too, with a curious face. Should she be fearful of him, she wondered. After all, if her grandmother and the bards were right, then he must be a mix of both a werewolf and a vampire.

"You don't look as frightening as they tell you to be."

"Is it, love? I hope you know that looks deceive, just like you," he snarked.

"What my brother means, to say is," interjected the handsome vampire in his suit, "that he is thankful for your help today. My brother often forgets his basic etiquettes when it comes to strangers." She saw him glaring at Niklaus.

"But what my brother also means to ask is," the long blonde haired woman came forward to her, "who are you? It's quite evident that you're not a New Orleans witch. So-"

"You know what that's enough. Enough of the petty interrogation. She is my guest and just saved your ass, Klaus" he yelled at the hybrid. "I will not see you lot treating her like you all treated me."

"Says the one who didn't even care to welcome her into the party" snarled Kol.

"In the name of Merlin, will all of you just shut up!" exclaimed a fed-up Willow, for she was extremely irritated. She attended the party with the intention of having good fun, only for it to be swamped by a chaotic boggart. Bonus points for the ancient vampires, who turned out to be annoying and ungrateful for her help.

"Yes, it appears that I am not an ordinary witch like you see in your city." The Mikaelsons saw her as she took a deep breath and huffed out some air as she flipped her hair back.

"Let me have the pleasure of introducing myself. My name is Willow Scarlett and I am a witch from The Wizarding World, a world I'm sure none of you have heard. I'm just here for a sabbatical after a tiring 15 years of work."

They watched her closely with a bewildered look on their faces. It was evident for Willow that they did not understand a word of what she said, except for her name.

"And now, I'm going to head back to my home because clearly, this party is as tiring as my work," and she headed to the exit.

Marcel tried his best to stop her from storming off, "Willow if you could please-"

"Sod off, Marcel."

Willow made her way out of the compound and came out to the fresh, cold air of New Orleans. She couldn't quite understand why she felt annoyed, probably because back in her place, people thanked her for all her courageous and generous acts.

As she turned around the corner of the road, she thought she saw someone rushing off, with a faint crack sound. Could there be any more witches or wizards of her own kind in this town?

It was a flash of familiar raven black hair clashed with white blonde captured her attention. Could it be? No, it wasn't possible but still, the hair on the back of Willow's neck stood up as she inched closer around the corner.

The tension built up as she whipped around the corner, coming face-to-face with nothing more than an empty street, letting out a tiring but dejected sigh, Willow gripped her wand for dear life before tucking it safely in her hair in a bun.