Chapter 15

◢✥◣

A Doe in Distress

◥✥◤  

"Willow?"

"Yes?" She looked up to the swirls of his brown eyes as she felt his grip tighten around her arm slowly. They walked towards the cemetery together as Elijah's worry spiraled with every step he took towards the witches coven. But then he looked at Willow, still holding the sunflowers and looking at it with so much adoration.

"Just stay close alright?"

She nodded her head at Elijah. Willow never really understood his concern about her visiting the place, but she pushed it aside in sheer excitement. He, on the other hand, had no good feelings about taking her to the Cemetery. The witches, apart from his sister Freya, gave him a very negative vibe. But he knew the reason, the witches despise the vampires, especially the Mikaelsons and their loved ones.

Especially after Davina's sacrifice.

On their way, Willow decided to break the nervous silence that was written all over Elijah's face. It was like her curiosity kept jumping to places and people alone.

"May I pop in a question?"

"Go ahead," he said while having a constant awareness of his surroundings.

"What was Klaus' accusation towards me about?"

Elijah didn't stop walking but slowed his steps, not letting go of Willow's hand in his elbow. He hesitated quite a bit, not wanting to involve his newly found interest into the affairs of his family, but deep inside he knew - she was already involved.

"It's rather complicated."

"Elijah. I only do complicated. Nothing is simple in my life," she smirked.

Elijah couldn't recall a statement more relatable than what Willow had just uttered.

"Alright, but you must take into consideration that neither me or Kol or Rebekah-"

She waited for him to complete his statement of trust towards her, where he completed it with stating that even Klaus found it completely hideous of him to not trust you.

"Wow Elijah," she huffed with a little laughter, "that's really appreciative of your family to trust me, but as you were saying?"

Elijah realized for the first time in the centuries, he may have let his tongue loose for a few moments of rambling. "Pardon me," he continued after a long pause, "As you know already, my brother was under the impression that you were a threat to our family."

"Yes, I'm aware,"

"Yes, unfortunately, it just added on to the existing predicament"

"And that is?"

"That my darling is a story for another day" he sighed, "But just to give you a superficial glance, Marcellus and the Mikaelsons are not on the same side of the scales"

"Oh," mouthed Willow, "It was quite obvious actually. Neither of you spoke much in that dreadful party."

Elijah left a small snigger for he himself was not fond of that party, except for the part where Kol introduced Willow to him. They walked along a curvy lane which indicated the turning to the cemetery.

"Then what is this Papa Tunde's blade that Klaus spoke about?"

Elijah stiffened harder, only this time he made his reply quicker for he felt obligated in letting the Willow know, for he believed she had to know what was happening.