Chapter 5

A/N: A special dedication to nationalrebellion_ for helping me throughout, from the beginning :)

  ◢✥◣ 

Stone Crest 

  ◥✥◤  

"Boggart"

Those were the only words that came out of Willow's mouth. She just couldn't comprehend this one darn little fact - what the hell is a boggart doing in the middle of the magical yet muggle city of New Orleans.

Kol came closer to her, not sure of what she said. "A wha-"

"Shh!" she tried to silence Kol. She didn't want the boggart turning into others' fears, which would cause a riot.

"Kol. Is that your brother?"

"Oh yes, that's Nik."

She thought she heard that name somewhere, thinking but she pushed those thoughts away. Willow knew boggarts aren't very harmful but she just hates them because they're the epitome of inconvenience. She gestured those two blonde women to come to their side, slowly.

But on the other end, Nik just stood there in shock.

"You're supposed to be dead for good. And that stake was destroyed by D-Dahlia." he stuttered. "How the bloody hell are you back alive?"

"That's why I called you a pathetic little boy. Even in my death, you still keep room for me, fearing me in the depths of your heart, boy."

Nik's forehead wrinkled like crumpled parchment. "What does that supposed to mean?"

"What it means that the man in front of him is actually not real. It's a boggart," said Willow to the suited, elegant vampires beside her, their faces a little tense.

"A what?" asked the vampires behind her in unison.

"I can answer all your questions later." she hushed and turned around to them, facing their perplexed faces. "You lot have super-hearing right?"

The two brunette men and two blonde women nodded their heads in unison. Willow turned around and made her move towards the boggart, without making any sound.

She began whispering, knowing that the boggart can't hear her and that the blonde man can.

"Stay still and calm Nik, presuming that's your actual name. The figure in front of you is actually not a real person. It's just-"

"OH REALLY WHO- the hell are you to tell me that?" The man didn't even bother to whisper. But when he realized the figure made his move forwards, he lowered his voice.

"Just trust me and follow my instructions."

"What the bloody-"

"Oh shut up you daft dimbo and listen to me." She whispered with assertiveness. "This creature is completely harmless, but it's the worst if you don't follow my instructions."

"You dare call me a daft-"

The man stopped talking as the figure started walking towards him, positioning his stake to be launched into the man's heart.

"Honestly, listen to me!" To this statement, she thought she saw the blonde man with great hesitation, give her a reluctant nod.

"Good. Now, all you have to do is - the minute I cast my spell, I implore you ladies and gentlemen, laugh."

"Laugh? What the actual bloody hell?"

No answers were answered and no one dared to question her again. Willow effortlessly pulled out her sleek, sturdy wand that was holding up her neatly tied up bun all this while.