Chapter 9

◢✥◣

Distant Cousin

  ◥✥◤ 

The 5 siblings felt like they had been writhed by metal, their brains trying to get out of the thick skull. They stood panting for breath, not able to move from the weird and sore experience they'd just encountered.

"Apologies, Mikaelsons. I may have forgotten to mention the fact that Apparition is not as tranquil as it sounds," said Willow, looking at them all trying to regain their normalcy.

"Bloody hell. It felt like as if I were being forced through-"

"A tight rubber tube?" asked Willow, looking at Rebekah, who looked like she was about to throw up any moment.

"Any doubt in that?" sniggered Kol, who was trying to help Elijah stand up too. He dusted off his suit and adjusted his tie, trying to look completely normal even after this wreck of a journey.

"Where are we?" asked Klaus, before even she could reply to Kol, who trying to catch for breath still. He may be a 1000-year-old vampire, but it was his first time experiencing apparition.

"Well, of course, this is Diagon Alley."

*Present*

The sunshine was kind to them, as they stood there in the middle of the cobbled alley. The Mikaelsons were stunned and equally fascinated by their surroundings, their heads glancing at everything they could lay their eyes on. Owls carrying letters on their beaks and small packages in their claws flew over them. The shops had bizarre signs that were completely incoherent with their vampire lives. The street was not as buzzed as it was, being a weekday. A few witches and wizards were seen shopping while little kids ran around with toys.

Diagon Alley was Willow's favorite place for shopping when it came to anything she required. From dress robes to potion ingredients this was her one stop. She looked at the five who were busy looking at their surroundings and made an attempt to burst their bubble.

She snapped her finger twice trying to grab their attention and they looked down at her.

"Oh come on," she gestured with her hand "don't just stand there. There's much more to see and do!"

It was when Willow placed a step forward she felt the piercing pain coming from both her feet. She felt her boots feeling a bit wet and apprehended that it was blood, and realized that it was probably from her two pinky toes. Oh, how she hated getting splinched. Maybe she should have listened to Lucy, hell she should have. All she could hope was that her two toes are safe back at the Mikaelson compound...

"Is everything all right?" asked a concerned Elijah, realizing that she had stopped walking abruptly.

"Oh, y-yes everything is good. I was just wondering um- if you lot would like to explore this place by yourself? You could come back here in 15 minutes after y-you're done, while I buy the ingredients. We don't want anyone to know that Mikaelsons exist so," said Willow hastily from the pain that is shooting up from her toes.

"That's a good idea, Willow. This place looks exotic!" exclaimed Kol still looking around at all the stores. He impulsively grabbed Freya and Klaus' arm and began to walk along the narrow alley. "See you soon darling!"

Willow could hear Klaus and Freya huffing as he pulled them together. Rebekah went along with them too, giving Willow an I might as well join them look.

"Rebekah wait!" called out Willow as she rummaged her pockets and took out a handful of gold and silver coins and gave it to her. "Wizarding world doesn't run on dollars, sweetie. Galleons and Sickles will do the trick, in case you lot fancy anything."