1: Insects, Encouraging Talks, and All Smiles

"AHHH!" A scream came from upstairs. Aditya looked up and gulped as he ran up the stairs.

"Zoya? Zoya!" Aditya opened the door and found Zoya staring at the table. "What's wrong?" Aditya asked Zoya hoping for a reply.

Zoya's behaviour was scaring him. "What's wrong? Everything's wrong!" Zoya wailed.

"But what's the problem? Why are you scared?" Aditya asked, once again, getting annoyed by Zoya's indirect answers.

"If I won't be scared what will I be? The monster! It came back..." Zoya lifted her finger and pointed towards the table.

At first Aditya couldn't see it. Yeah, it was that small. "Zoya! Wasn't this the new bag you bought last night? Why are you getting scared of it now?" Aditya laughed.

Zoya squealed. "The insect you idiot! On the bag!" Aditya squinted and realised that there was a tiny insect sitting on Zoya's white bag.

"Oh," Aditya's voice was small. He had no idea why Zoya was showing him this. "Zoya, why are you scared of insects?"

"Who isn't?" Zoya snapped. "Do you have any idea how dangerous insects can be? They can just crawl on your finger and bite you and that's it! Your life is over."

Zoya made it sound so scary that Aditya shuddered. "Wait." Aditya smiled. "This is why you screamed? Because of an insect?"

"Yes! And stop smiling." Zoya folded her arms and glared at him. "Now. Are you going to remove that thing or should I be angry with you for the rest of the day."

'stay angry with you', this was the new threat Zoya used against Aditya. The first time she had used it, he had just laughed.

Biggest mistake of his life. He had to sleep on the couch for three days straight and she wouldn't talk to him. At all.

He sighed and was about to flick it with his finger when Zoya screamed. "Stop!" Aditya looked at Zoya, wondering why she asked him to stop.

"Don't just flick it away! It might land on something else."

Aditya sighed and was about to kill it with his palm when...

"Stop!"

"What now?" Aditya demanded. Zoya pouted. "I'm against killing of animals."

"But you just said to..."

"Remove it! Not kill it."

"Then what do you want me to do?" Aditya huffed. "Bring a royal tissue paper and escort the highness out of the house?" Aditya smiled sarcastically.

"Hmm... Not a bad idea!" Zoya smiled. "Bring the red one, Adi! It looks royal."

Aditya mentally face-palmed himself. Why does he give such brilliant ideas?

Aditya bought a red tissue and Zoya turned around, covering her eyes. "I can't see this!"

Aditya's anger melted as he saw Zoya's cuteness. He quickly picked up the insect by the tissue paper and screamed. "Zoya! The insect! It's flying towards you!"

Zoya moved her hands around her head. "Where? Where?" But when she looked up, Aditya was gone and she smiled. "Idiot..."

- here's the first part! hope you liked it 💕 pls comment any improvements you would like! :) i would gladly make the changes. -

your weirdo writer,
pooja