3. Horror Movies, Comfort and Conversations

The zombie erupted from the ground and began clawing at the dead bodies all around it.

Zoya closed her eyes and shuddered. She hated horror movies.

She looked around her. Everyone else had fallen asleep already. Except Adi.

"Haha! Die human die!" He laughed. Zoya swallowed a big lump and bit her lower lip.

The zombie attacked a human being and began eating its skin. Zoya had to open her eyes in that scene.

Zoya gasped and averted her gaze from the television. She didn't want anyone to know that she wasn't comfortable in watching horror.

She didn't want any issues. However, Aditya had already seen Zoya become uncomfortable. He kept a hand on her shoulder.

His eyes looked tensed and worried, saying something like 'you okay?'.

Zoya nodded her head with a small smile and looked back at the television.

The zombie bared his teeth and Zoya coupe clearly see human flesh stuck in his teeth.

Zoya was okay with non-vegetarians but cannibals... doesn't sound very appealing.

He wrapped his hand around Zoya's and let her rest head on his shoulder.

Zoya whispered to Aditya. "Adi... I hate horror."

Aditya's eyes widened. "But... but why?" Zoya shrugged. "Well, I have no idea why people would love the picture of zombies eating human beings, but yeah."

Aditya smiled and hugged Zoya tighter. "It's okay. Whoever even dares to touch you, will face me."

Zoya chuckled. "You're touching me." Aditya laughed along with her. Then his eyes darkened. "Only I can."

Zoya rested her head against Aditya's chest and closed her eyes.

She could hear the voices of the zombies speaking... although how zombies could speak, she wasn't sure.

"I wanna go sleep." Zoya muttered and Aditya nodded his head. He carefully stood up and picked up Zoya, bridal way, but Zoya didn't stop him.

She was truly tired. Aditya carried her to their bedroom then kept her on the bed tenderly.

"You want anything, food, water?" Aditya asked while caressing Zoya's hair.

Zoya pulled Aditya closer towards him. "I want you."

Aditya gasped. "Uh, uh Zo, I don't think I'm ready for it.."

Zoya cocked an eyebrow. "Ready for what?"

Aditya sighed. "Um, you know... for um having-"

Before Aditya could continue, Zoya lightly tapped his head. "Idiot! I meant I want you for warmth, for hugging you. Not the other way..."

"Oh." Aditya smiled then jumped next to her and hugged her.

"By the way, I hate horror." Aditya said while playing with Zoya's long hair.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't like horror now."

"Why not?" Zoya questioned.

"Because you don't like horror." Aditya smiled.

"No Adi. Don't be that way. A true couple is when they understand each other's likes and dislikes. Not change for the other person." Zoya explained gently.

Aditya sighed softly. "Okay boss. But next time I'm gonna watch 'Train to Busan', which also involves zombies. Care to join?"

"Adi! I hate you." Zoya laughed and turned the other way.

Aditya cuddled closer to her. "Good night Zo."

Zoya just closed her eyes, a small smile of satisfaction playing on her lips. "Good night Adi."

- this is honestly so me!! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ -

your weirdo writer,
pooja