2. Traditions, Seperation and Childishness

Zoya kept her book on the table as she yawned. She sighed and turned her head to say 'good night' to Aditya when she realised...

Because of a weird tradition of the Hooda family, exactly one week after their marriage, Zoya and Aditya could not see each other for a whole day.

Zoya giggled when she remembered how the two of them had reacted when Anjana Ma had told them about this.

"WHAT? No! Ma, I can't live a second without her, how will I live a whole entire day without her?"Aditya childishly said.

"Oh come on Adi! Don't be so filmy. It's just a day." Anjana glared at Aditya.

Zoya laughed nervously. "But Ma! Isn't one day a little two long?"

"Haaye! One day is nothing, I tell you kids. When I had come as a daughter-in-law in this house, I had stayed away from Harsh for an entire week! But I'm lenient." Anjana smiled, remembering her previous memories.

"Oh." The duo said together, obviously worried that Anjana would separate them for a week if they said something further, so they just remained quiet.

Aditya being Aditya, had tried to look for ways to keep meeting Zoya, but Anjana had done a great job at keeping them apart.

Zoya has thought that the night would be easy to go with, considering she would sleep through most of it.

But Zoya couldn't fall asleep. She understood how much she needed to cuddle into Aditya as she fell asleep. She realised she wouldn't fall asleep... unless Adi wasn't here.

*knock-knock*

Zoya suddenly got up from her bed. She saw a shadowy figure trying to open the window.

Zoya gulped as she grabbed her book and prepared for attack.

As the person fell in, Zoya screamed. "Ah! Bhoot! Bhoot!"

Her eyes closed due to fear, and the ghost also latched her mouth shut, keeping her from screaming.

Zoya slowly opened her eyes and her eyes widened.

It was her best nightmare standing in front of her.

"Adi?!" Zoya whispered into Aditya's hand. Aditya chuckled and removed his hand. "Finally, you came into your senses! What was wrong with you just now?"

Zoya hit him with the book. "What the shit is wrong with you?"

Aditya laughed. "Nothing was wrong with me until I met you."

Zoya hit Aditya's head playfully. "You're seriously so..."

"Romantic? Like Romeo who died for his dead Juliet?" Aditya pointed towards the book in Zoya's hands and she smiled slowly.

"Stupid. Like Romeo who died when Juliet was alive, not dead."

"Juliet wasn't dead?" Aditya scratched the back of his head childishly and Zoya laughed.

"No, I think you need this book more than me." Zoya threw the book in Aditya's direction, who  caught it successfully.

"But I don't want to read right now." Aditya pulled Zoya into a hug.

Zoya found herself getting emotional, for a reason she didn't know. She just didn't see Aditya for what, a day?

But she hugged Aditya tighter. "I missed you." Zoya sighed.

Aditya caressed Zoya's hair while smiling. "I missed you too, Zo."

Zoya smiled and pulled away from Aditya. She firmly placed her hands on Aditya's shoulders. "You aren't going anywhere. I can't sleep without you anyway, so how about..."

Aditya raised his eyes brows. "Staying awake the whole night and talking?"

Zoya nodded her hand with a slight smile.

"YIPEEEE! Really? The whole night? Awesome! We'll not sleep at all and I'll leave before it's morning and..."

Zoya laughed, knowing well that Aditya would doze off in a about half-an-hour...

...which was true.

***

"APPI!" Noor  unsuccessfully tried opening the door. But it was locked.

Noor frowned. Zoya never locked her door. The last time she had done that was...

When Aditya was found in Zoya's room.

Noor smirked. "Appi! Open the door, quick. No one's here yet..." Noor whispered into the door.

Inside the room, Aditya and Zoya were cuddling into each other cutely. They were under the blankets and comfortable, although it was the month of June, they had increased the temperature of the A/C too low, and neither of them were smart enough to go and increase the temperature.

Aditya gave a valid reason stating that they should face the problem together and not solve it... but Zoya couldn't make sense of Aditya's talks anyway so she just let it be.

"APPI!" Noor screamed again and Zoya woke up with a jolt. She found herself in an awkward
position with Aditya and blushed.

"Appi, I swear to god if you don't open the door soon I'll call Arjun." Noor whined softly and Zoya gasped. She swiftly got off the bed and got in the process of making everything okay like Aditya was never there.

Aditya... She mentally slapped herself and then turned around. "Mr Aditya Hooda." Zoya put her hands on her hips and Aditya got up with a salute.

"GET UP! Noor is here and if she finds out you were here last night, she will tell Ma and then Ma would kill us that we didn't follow the rules and she'll be so disappointed and angry and then..." Zoya rambled on and on until Aditya kept his finger on her lips.

"Gosh, you really speak a lot!" Aditya chuckled.

"Gotta go, see you in breakfast." Aditya somehow got out of the window and into the bathroom, which was his room for the night.

Zoya chuckled at the thought. She had selected that 'room' for him.

***

"ZO!!!" Aditya being the horrible overacting drama king rushed to Zoya and hugged her tightly.

Zoya chuckled and hugged him. "Adi, about last night..."

"No one will find out." Aditya smiled at her warmly. It's our couple secret, hmm?"

- finally!! the second update 😁 hope you guys liked this 'moment'!! if there are any criticisms please comment down them! i'll definitely take action 💫 -

your weirdo writer,
pooja