7: Going out, Shopping Blues and Random Smiles

"Adi!" Zoya groaned, pointing at her wardrobe. "I've nothing to wear for the party tomorrow!" Aditya rubbed his eyes to check that he was able to see clearly or not.

"Zo, please tell me I'm not turning old already! Because I see 10 dumps of clothes... everywhere." Zoya sighed. "But do you see a party dress anywhere? No na!"

Aditya picked up a beautiful red dress.

"How 'bout this one?"
"That's not a party dress dumbo!"
"And... this one?"
"I wore that last time we went for a party!"
"And this?"
"I lost the matching shoes for this one!"

Aditya faked crying. "You're kidding me na? Zo! You never told me you had a weird shopping craze!"

Zoya pulled Aditya closer and whispered to him. "No girl would tell you that."

———
"Zoya! It's been 3 hours already! Just pick a dress and come let's go home." Aditya whined as he walked behind Zoya.

Zoya nodded absent-mindedly but kept walking ahead. She finally chose a long black dress with a golden band at the waist. "I'll go try this? Hmm Adi?"

"Yeah go, quick na!" Aditya smiled and Zoya laughed.

Outside the changing room, Aditya just stood around, regularly asking Zoya to make it quickly.

Five minutes passed.

Aditya looked around and found a chair.

Ten minutes passed.

Aditya began looking through his messages.

Fifteen minutes passed.

"ZOYA! Are you sleeping in there?"Aditya whined and all the customers looked in Aditya's direction. One man sighed in exasperation. "My girlfriend's in the other one."

Aditya pouted. "Zo! Come out na! Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase?"

"Arre I just came in Adi! Have patience na." Zoya's reply came after a soft laugh.

Aditya's jaw dropped to the floor.

Girl, you kidding me?

———

"Adi, with a black dress, will golden heels look nice or black heels?" Zoya pondered aloud.

Aditya was still cursing his luck. He had left the house at 2pm after lunch. It was 7:30pm now.

"Adi? Adi!" Zoya tapped on his shoulder. "Huh? Um blue's nice."

Zoya rolled her eyes. "Nevermind about you. I'll take the black one please." Zoya politely told the shop assistant person.

Aditya was honestly feeling so bad for her right now. She looked so flustered just running around for the 'oh - wrong size!' or 'do you have a green colour for this'?

"Zoyaaa? Are we done already?" Aditya tried his best smile and Zoya nodded her head. For the first time that day, Aditya felt truly happy. "Really? We can go? I'll go and pay the bill -"

"We'll leave after buying the accessories right? Just a small little bracelet? Pweaseee?"

"Zoya. Remind me never to bring you for shopping ever again."

"I'll be back!" Zoya smiled and dragged the same shop assistant to the accessories section. After a lot of debates, Her Highness finally decided on a elegant gold bracelet.

Her choice is good.

It's just very slow.

"Done?" Aditya felt like crying seeing the time. It was nearing 9. He had wasted the whole day here.

Beep-Beep.

Aditya received a message.

Vikram;
Hey guys! Sorry for such a late update but tomorrow's party isn't really possible right now because Saloni has fallen terribly sick and her fever's running quite high. I'm so sorry for all the inconvenience! We'll meet soon! xx

Aditya felt like fainting.

"Well, I guess we can't really take these clothes then." Zoya sighed and dumped them in the basket.

"Why not?" Aditya heart skipped a beat. He could have died anytime.

"The theme would be different next time, stupid! We can't just waste money buying this now and never wearing it!"

Which idiot said, that time is money?

Hey guys!
If you're a fan of Donuts, please go and follow thedonutgirlx NOW because her book is AMAZING 🍩🍩🍩

And I'll post another chapter soon! But please go and follow this gurl :)

Your weirdo writer,
Pooja