Stressful day

Scott's Pov.

Mitch had had to work all day and record. He was supposed to be home any minute. I was sitting on the couch watching SpongeBob. I hear the door open. "Daddy?" I hear sniffling and I'm immediately to my feet.

"Baby what's wrong?"I ask holding him. "I coulnt get this low note and Esther was so disappointed and and and-" I cut him off with a kiss. Do you want to come cuddle with daddy?" I ask. He just nodded. I pick him up and carry him to the couch. He snuggles into my chest.

"Do you want a stuffie?" I ask. He nods his head. "Paci too?" I ask. Sometimes when he feels really little he will but sometimes not. He nods his head again. I get up and he whimpers.

I go up stairs and grab a stuffie and a pacifier. I head down stairs and Mitch is cuddled up into the couch more. I sit down and he crawls into my lap. I posted put the pacifier in his mouth and hold him close to my chest. He grabs the stuffie and hold it under his chin.

He takes his pacifier or of his mouth and looks at me. "Dada? Can I have cookies." He asks in a quiet tone. "Of course baby." I say. I get up and walk into the kitchen. "Baby we don't have any store bought cookies. Do you want to make some?" I ask.

"Yes daddy!! Please!" He giggles. I start getting the stuff out.

We were mixing the bowl and Mitch was just a fit of giggles. It was a sight I could look at forever.

I look over to see Mitch tossing an egg in the air: "baby don't do that." I said. "But it's fun." He says. He continues to toss the egg. "Mitchell stop, now." I say. He continues to toss the egg in the air. "Mitchell you better put that egg down , NOW!" I say. He just seems unfazed. Suddenly he misses and the egg cracks all over the kitchen floor.

He looks up and me with a scared face. "Mitchell what did I tell you?" I ask in a deep, stern voice. He puts his hands behind his back and looks down. "Not to toss the egg around." He says. "That's right. I'm not mad at you for tossing the egg, I'm mad at you for disrespecting me. Do you thing I deserve a punishment?" I ask. "No daddy! Please I'm sorry." He begs.

"Baby I hate doing this but this is for your own good." I say. "Go get the paddle from my room." He walks away dragging his feet. I go and sit on the couch. Mitch comes down the stairs. "I'm in the living room little one."

"Daddy, I'm sorry!!" He begs. I sit him on my lap and take the paddle. "I know but you have to understand that daddy can't let you get but with things like this." I say.

I see a tear fall from his eye. I wipe it off. "Bend over my knee." I say. He gets off lap and bends over. "How many daddy?" He asks. "15, be a good boy and maybe you'll get a reward after."

The first ten he did well. The last 5 I did hard and he broke down. I pull him to my chest and let him cry. "Shh.. it's ok.. I love you... Daddy loves you..." I coo in his ear.

He finally quits crying. "Do you want to finish the cookies baby bo?" I ask. "Yes daddy." He says. I smile and kiss his forehead. While walking I notice him limping. I pick him up and set him on the counter while I clean up the egg.

I look up and he looks sad. "Baby I'm not mad I'm just a little disappointed. But I love you and I always will. Okay?" I take his hand. "It was just an egg. I cab buy more. I was afraid that you would break the egg and slip and fall." I say.

"I know daddy, I'm sorry." He says. "I know you are princess." He blushed at the nickname. "So you like the nickname, princess?" I ask. "Yes daddy." He says. I kiss his forehead. "I'll just have to start calling you that more often."
=======================
Sorry y'all it's been a while. I am writing Mirror, Trust issues, and a new story coming out soon.

As always! ❤️ Stay Gold!

              ~SG