Unexpected !!!!

She looked into my eyes and said, "I am Varsha." Suddenly I recognized that name, when I looked at her properly for the first time I realized that she and I were classmates till tenth standard. I said to her, "You are Varsha! Does u remember me? We both were classmates."

She looked at me sadly and nodded her head saying, "yeah I remember you, that's why I thought you could help me."

I felt sick knowing that I knew her

I felt sick knowing that I knew her. She was my first crush and we used to be great friends, suddenly their parents got transferred to some other place and we didn't have any contact since then. Now I found her here like this. I am too shocked to speak anything. I stared at her like that for some time. I asked her, "What happened to you? How did you....." I can't finish the question. I can't ask her that. Another miserable look flashed in her eyes and she looked away for few seconds and then looked at me again. Her face looks like she wanted to weep and I am unable to look at her.

She said, "I know this is difficult for you but I don't have any choice."

I said, "I know but meeting you like this it's beyond difficult." She came forward like she wanted to comfort me but stopped herself. I said, "I will do any help you want from me."

She nodded her head and said, "I know that's why I am asking you."

Suddenly I heard a noise coming from behind me and I turned around and saw that Cabir is coming. I looked at her and she knew what was going to happen and she nodded her head and disappeared. I sighed and looked at him knowing he is not going to buy my story of coming out for air and I have to tell him all, I decided it is best.

He came and asked, "What's wrong Manik? From two days you are looking like you are somewhere else, anything bothering you? You thought I didn't observe you and what are you doing here? Don't tell me you are out for air at this time of night. I know you well."

I told him everything that happened in the two days time and about today's encounter before he came over. He was shocked to hear all that and when I said that she was my classmate once he looked like he is going to throw up right there and we both remained silent for a while. Then he said, "Dude this is some serious problem. You know we have to discuss this with our friends." I said, "I know Cabir, but I have to know everything before I involve you all and I have no doubt that I need you guys help in this but I simply can't throw this blindly at your faces without being sure of myself. I need to know some answers from her then I thought of saying to all of you about this without thinking I am crazy"

He said, "I got that but still if what you said was true then we have to be careful since this is a drug issue too and really it can mean anything. But I know you so definitely I will help you in this Manik!"

I smiled a little and said, "I know Cabir, come let's go and have some sleep we will think about that in the morning but for now it has to remain between us and when we know everything we can decide what to do. Okay?"

He said, "Okay Manik, come we will go then."

We both went to bed again both of us thinking about it and drifted off into sleep at sometime.

Next morning we both woke up early before others and we are discussing what to do about Varsha. Cabir asked, "Hey Manik, Thinking about your Ghost friend ?" Manik gave serious look and said Cabir its serious, Then Cabir said Sorry and asked what are we going to do?"

I am thinking involving anyone in this without knowing what and whom we are dealing with is not good for us. It can be dangerous for us. So I said, "We have to be careful before telling this to anyone. I don't want to tell anyone about this without knowing facts we are dealing so it's better to keep this between us for some time."

He asked, "Okay, what should we do now?" I said, "Okay listen we will talk with her and know who did this to her and we will go to city and ask about her among her family and friends. We have to deal this carefully. I don't want to get any of you into trouble because of me."

He said okay and we decided to go to the Mumbai tomorrow after talking with her today and know about her. With that we joined our friends and practiced some music and able to complete half of next song. After dinner we returned to bed waiting eagerly to talk with her. I think she guessed we will be waiting for us. She came early today though all of our friends are sleeping deeply. We exited our bedroom, opened balcony door and stood in front of her. I know Cabir can't see her so I have to deal this carefully. I told her about what Cabir and I discussed and she agreed with us. I asked her what happened. She said, "I have to inform you, this is dangerous and you will be risking your lives every minute you are dealing with this but I can't back down also because I have to do this."

We said okay. She continued, "From the newspaper I showed you, you got an idea that you are dealing with a drug issue, right?" I said, "Yes"

She said, "Okay, listen I want you to go to my friend and she will give you all the details you have to know. Be careful when speaking with her and go to some safe area. Her name is Nandini and we both are classmates and best friends. We are studying Law in one of the best Law Colleges and left with last semester. We are having holidays at present and my parents don't know where I am, I told them we are going for case study to a place and I told my friend not to tell them anything. Please be careful otherwise you know what will happen..." she didn't finish that thought but I understood what she was saying I felt like I want to do something but it's too late and I can't do anything to save her. 

I asked her, "What happened to you? How did you come to this place?" She looked sad for one moment and said, "I will tell you all of that later, not now. We don't have much time. You have to find some clues from my friend. For that you need to go to my home. Don't tell my parents anything, I think they will recognize you if not tell them who you are and tell them I asked you to bring my dairy it is in safe locker, ask my mom she knows where I will keep the key but doesn't know anything about dairy. So tell her I told you it will be there if she asks you anything, tell her you are assisting me in this case. In that dairy you will find some clues and my friend's contact details. Okay?

I started to say, "But..." she cut me off and said, "Please Mnaik, I know but not now. Remember some lives are dependent on you now. I can't delay this anymore. The more I delay, the more I risk all those lives. I will help you in any way I can. Don't worry and I will be with you whenever possible and another thing keep this between you both for now it's not safe to discuss this with your friends, not knowing whether they will believe you or not, both for you and for them."

I decided it is best for now, so I nodded my head and said, "Okay Varsha I will do everything you told me to do so." Saying her name is so difficult but I can't hurt her more than she is hurting now. So I kept quiet and she looked at me for once and disappeared.

Cabir and I discussed everything she told; he heard only some discussion, not all. So I told him everything she told me. We decided not to tell anything to our friends and we discussed our plan of what we are going to do tomorrow morning and with that we slept.