Day 9

Day 9:

Next morning after chatting with Nandini's uncle we went to hospital to see Varsha's cousin. His name is Vikram. He asked us about Varsha. We are shocked to hear that. He explained that when Varsha fell to the ground he stopped to help her. But they caught him and took him away. He doesn't know what happened to her. It is so painful when we explained him what happened to her. He cried saying he should have done something. We don't know what to do we tried to comfort him. He asked us to take him near her body. We explained that Nandhu's uncle will send some officers so that we can go there. He didn't speak for long. We took him to Varsha's house. We have to break news to Varsha's parents. They even don't know what happened. We went to her house and told her parents everything. The pain on their faces is unbearable. She is their only daughter and now they lost her. They asked Vikram about that. He confirmed how he too doesn't know how she died. They broke down. I couldn't see their pain. When I came to know about her I was devastated but their pain is beyond that. I can't even explain that. We stayed there whole day until it's time to collect Varsha's body. We somehow took them there. They didn't eat anything since we said about Varsha. We took her body out. Her parents cried a lot. Nandhu tried to comfort them but even she can't control herself. She also cried for her. It took my every effort to keep my tears in bay and to be strong for all of them. They took Varsha's body to do post mortem. We returned to her house to help her parents. We made them to eat something but they didn't eat any. Before midnight they agreed to sleep. I made sure that they slept and after that told Nandu to sleep in Varsha's room. Cabir took another room. I stayed with Vikram and comforted him. After that I tried to sleep. I didn't experience such an emotional day till now in my life. I tried to think of this from Varsha's parents' perspective. How difficult it will be to know that your only child died without knowing it by her own. How difficult to know that she went out for some case study and returned as dead. How can anyone cope this? How can they live rest of their life knowing this? I became angry with all these consequences. Why can't she live? What wrong did she do? Why it happened to her? She saved many lives but lost her own life. What she did was unforgettable. I have never met anyone like her before. She was the best friend I ever had and it will remain that way always. That night I came to conclusion what I am going to do in future and with that I slept not satisfactorily but somehow.