Day 10

Day 10:

Next day we helped Varsha's parents with everything. Relatives and others started coming and comforting them but no one can take away their misery. We made them to eat forcibly after that we made them to sleep. I left Cabir and Vikram there and went to Nandu's house to explain her parents. Nandu's uncle came and supported us. When we told them about Varsha they looked like Varsha's parents. It took same effort to comfort them. Later they thanked me but I told it's unnecessary. I told them I could never forgive myself if something happened to Nandini. I know that I was too late in Varsha's case but if anything happened to Nandini it will be my fault and I won't forgive myself even she really did betray me. Because of me she went near them. If they got doubt on her anything would have happened no matter how perfect she planned everything and I won't be there to protect her like Varsha. After some more talk we left for Varsha's house. In the evening Nandini's parents came and consoled Varsha's parents. Nandini's uncle told us that Varsha's body will arrive tomorrow morning and then we can make funeral arrangements. Varsha's parents still looked same but somehow they slept. So we called all their relatives for tomorrow's funeral. I called my home and asked my parents to arrive at Varsha's house tomorrow for funeral. I told them that I will explain them later, they agreed. With that I retired to bed. These ten days are all I have before going home after spending at farmhouse and these ten days are both worst and best days of my life. I have another ten days before album release. Meanwhile we explained everything to Mukti and Alya and it took same effort to convince Alya, as after knowing about Dhruv she could not handle her self. Mukti was all time beside her consoling her.

Next day Varsha's body arrived and we made all the arrangements. We took her to burial ground we didn't cremate her. Her parents asked to bury her. So we did that. My parents also attended funeral. I told them I will speak with them later. Later we all returned to Varsha's house and took care of everything. With that I went to my home to explain my parents promising Nandini that I will come by later and will stay there. She insisted to speak with my parents but I said it won't be necessary because I have to face them myself. I went home and explained everything. They looked with shocking faces but agreed what I did is correct and a right thing to do. I know they will support me so I told them my future plans. They felt happy but asked me to tell them before next time I planned to do any such thing. They felt miserable when I told them about Varsha. I guess that explained why they asked me before to inform them next time. I returned to Varsha's house Nandini is talking to Varsha's mom and I comforted her and talked with her dad. They slept finally. Vikram went to his house but Cabir, Nandini and I remained there.

Two days later Nandini's uncle told us that they are interrogating Rajesh and Preethi. Nandini said that she wanted to confront Preethi herself saying she wanted to know some answers from her. Her uncle agreed saying she may tell us more than to police as she is Nandini's classmate. We went to interrogation cell we have a mini recorder with us as Nandini's uncle said it may help us in adding proof against them. So we took it and went to meet her. We are waiting for her. She came and looked at us in confusion. Nandini said, "Come and sit Preethi. We just want to talk with you."

She took the opposite seat to us and looked at us both. Nandini said, "How could you do this Preethi? How could you ki... kill Varsha like that?"

Preethi looked shockingly at Nandini, "How did you know that I killed......" she didn't finish her question and no need too. Nandini said, "I was there when you hit her on the head. I was there when you buried her at the farmhouse. I saw everything that day. I dig the place you buried Varsha after you went away. How could you do that to her? What wrong had she done? Is collecting evidences is what she did wrong?"

Preethi broke into tears. We didn't understand why she broke into tears. We gave her water. After 5min she calmed down and said, "I will tell you everything." Nandini nodded at me and I started the mini recorder. She looked sad and said, "Before I tell you everything please believe me my intention was never to kill Varsha." Nandini said, "I will decide that later. You tell us everything."

She started speaking, "I don't know how my cousin got to know about Varsha. All I know is he said that Varsha is collecting some evidences against him proving him as Drug dealer and a kidnapper with the help of her cousin. I didn't believe him I know Varsha is not such kind of girl. But he insisted saying he has proofs too. I got doubt and then I met you in the holidays. Your words made me believe him slightly. I got a call from him on the day I met you saying he can prove so I asked him to prove me. He then took me to some quarters asking me to cover my face with scarf and to chat with some guys there. I did as he told me to do while he sat in the car. Later I came from that place. Then he showed me the photos of Nisha observing me with her cousin beside her. I was stunned to find that. I asked him how he had got the photos. He said he arranged two people to take those photos. What could I say he showed me with proofs about Varsha following him and I believed him."

She stopped for few seconds' drinking water. Nandini asked, "So you called her to tell your cousin where she is? When you tracked her you told your cousin where she is, isn't it? Then you took her to the farmhouse once you caught them both and hit her on head when she refused to give proofs to your cousin, isn't it Preethi?"

Preethi shouted, "No!! I would have never done that. Never once I wanted to harm her than I wanted to kill her. I may not be best friend of you both but I never would have killed her Nandini believe me please." Nandini asked, "Then why did you call her that day?"

Preethi said, "I called her to tell that my cousin got to know about her and wanted to warn her. He is not a good person to fight against. I know sometimes he deals with persons involved in Mafia gangs when he wants to make someone suffer but never known that he has connection with drug dealers too. I didn't really know that he is involved in this, he is behind everything. He didn't tell me. He said he went to Colonel Ganj club the same day we were there and talked to some persons there. And Varsha saw him talking and thought he was behind this all and then she collected evidences against him. You also showed photos of that night in her mobile. I didn't believe this but he convinced me that actually she is in danger from the real persons who is behind the drug issue and they can harm her. He wanted to know where she is so that he can personally tell her. So I called her to say all this but instead she disconnected the call saying she is outside and will talk later. I didn't know that they trapped my call and through me they found where she is staying. I even didn't know that they kidnapped both her and her cousin. After two days my cousin called me saying that he found Varsha near a farmhouse giving me directions and asked me to come there so that I can convince her about my cousin. I don't know that he is using me in this all so that he could get those evidences from Varsha. I went there and heard their conversation. I understood that my cousin is fault in this all he is involved in everything and I was nothing but a toy. I wanted to save Varsha somehow from them. I saw Varsha running away from them and about to pull her aside but then my cousin saw me. I got an idea and hit Varsha on the head thinking if she got unconscious with me hitting her I can somehow convince them taking her to hospital and from there making her escape without telling them to police. If police got the proofs then they can catch them all."

"I didn't see Varsha's cousin when I hit her. I thought she is just unconscious I never thought that she is dead. One of the fellows came and told me that she is dead. I am stunned to know that. My cousin said its good thing that she is dead and asked them to bury her. I stood there not knowing what to do. I killed her with my hands. I got involved in this all the moment I hit Varsha. My cousin asked me to shut my mouth else we all will be in jail. I don't know what I should do so I kept my mouth shut. What else can I do? If I tell anybody he will kill me too."

Though I felt sorry that she has to bear this all but I got angry knowing she took Nandini to such a dangerous persons. I asked her, "Then why did you made Nandini to meet them knowing they can do anything. If they used you they can surely use her. Do you have any idea what would have happened to her if Rajesh is not caught?"