Chapter 6:

Ashleigh's pov

"Oh come on, put those books down, we're going horse shopping" Eve huffs pulling my science book out of my hand.

"Eve, I have to study for science on Monday" I sigh picking up the book again.

"Yeah, at home and if you haven't noticed we're not at home silly. So put the book down and chill, we're almost there anyways" Eve says rolling her eyes and grabbing the book out of my hand yet again.

"Yeah alright" I sigh rubbing my eyes.

School is already killing me at AMPS, I have all these things due on Monday. Pop quizzes, practice exams, and obviously homework. Luckily last night I finished the homework sheets easily, but it was Monday's Biology test which was stressing me out. How was I suppose to remember all these things in just a week. You would think they would give us at least a week just to adjust to school again but nope. Here we are having Biology tests in week 2. Don't get me wrong, AMPS is a great school with great teachers but I'm not exactly an A level student. I'm more of an average student. I don't fail any classes but I really do struggle.

"There, we're here!" Eve says in a sing song voice as we pull into a car park. Many different high profile barns were here today judging by all the fancy trailers. However their were a few suspicious looking trailers that seemed a little run down. As we pull to a stop Evelyn flies out of the trailer and drags me along with her. We were here early so we could check out all the horses before the auctions started.

The drivers we had today stayed in the trailer just typing away on their phones. Boringggg. First place we went to was to register for the auction and then to the barn filled with horses. Flashy horses were everywhere, from Dutch warmbloods to Thoroughbreds. Appaloosas to Holsteiner's. Arabians to Quarter horses. So much diversity except one thing stayed the same, these were the over the top expensive horses. All with perfect pedigrees, conformation and training.

As we did a quick scan we find more horses in pens behind the barn. Except these weren't the fancy ones, these were the ones every wealthy person avoids. All these horses were skinny and sickly looking. Most unhandled and but some happy to be petted.

"Let's start from the front of the barn again" Evelyn says, her mind looking to be working over time.

"Let's" I respond taking in the scene around me.

As we went through the horses and poked our heads into stables, we were met by the same thing. Nosy journalist asking if we were going to buy that horse. Yeah that's right, they had journalist and news people at the sales. All to make a report on the rich and famous. It was surprisingly easy to block them out after a few minutes. As we get a quarter of the way down Eve looked into a particular stall and stopped dead.

"Excuse me, could you take this one out of its stall and do a walk around?" She asks shyly. I don't glance in but by the excited look on her face, Evelyn wanted this horse already. The groom who was assigned to stay with the horse happily agreed. As the stall door open I see an Arabian dance out of its stall.

"Oh wow, she's gorgeous" I said quietly to Eve as we observed the mares papers and movement.

"I'm no expert but I know good conformation when I see it" Eve says watching the black Arabian closely.

"Do you parents want another Arab mare though?" I ask sheepishly.

"They won't care, all they said is that we can buy what ever we want to buy" Evelyn says cheekily making me laugh.

"As you can see, Mysic is a purebred Arabian mare with immaculate breeding lines-"

"Mystic?" Eve asks making the groom stop mid sentence.