Chapter 24:

Ashleigh's pov

Wow, what a year. If I rewind back to the start of summer, I would've never guessed all these things would happen. I would've laughed at someone if they said I would be Beauty's owner. I would've laughed even harder if they said I also owned Venus. But now after all these months, I actually DO own them. When I had woken up the day after Christmas, I had to pinch myself.

Not even my angry mother could bring down my mood. She hadn't  taken the news well, but dad had convinced her the opportunity was once in a life time. He wasn't joking either. Not only do I have these fantastic horses and a chance to win a scholarship, but also to train at the J.O.P stables! Unfortunately it meant I still had to leave all the horses at Holloway.

I was going to miss everyone. But everything seemed to be going well. Darla got accepted into an equestrian academy in France. Latisha Locke was still interested in riding Miora for me, so she was taken to the Locke's stables in Calgary. Eve and I decided to keep Winter's foal, Spring for now. As for Comanche, his training will be continued by one of Holloway's coaches while we're gone. Then there's Winter, I had a soft spot for the little grey mare. I knew she would be a child's dream pony with more exposure. But as for now, I was letting her and her foal rest.

After working with all these horses, it got me thinking. I was considering taking a different route for my career. I've found that I really enjoy coaching and training horses. I'm also starting to think that I may be able to make a living out of competing after all. Things might just work out for me...

I'm briefly distracted as Venus impatiently swings her head and almost knocks me over. I giggle at her high spirits. She was still completely imersed in the Christmas spirit.

I was so thankful about these great opportunities I was receiving. The Junior Olympian Prep Stables also known as J.O.P.S was the producer of many of todays equestrian Olympians. Training there would be extremely good for my riding record. No matter how matter titles I've won previously on Venus or Beauty, riding at J.O.P.S was an incredible privilege.

Giving Venus a kiss goodbye, I leave the horse trailer and walk over Beauty's stall. Ever since getting home, he seems to have lost his confidence with most people. Not only that, but he dislikes going into small places, or even his stall.

I've found that the only way to keep him calm was to leave one of my jackets with him. Otherwise when he can't smell or see me, he starts to freak. Along with that, he starts to fret if people other then myself handle him. If there's a stranger, Beauty flat out refuses to listen to them.

Due to those facts and Venus slowly coming back into work, I've had to pick a Holloway horse to bring with me. This is so I have a horse to ride which is mentally and physically sound. So for that reason I've asked to take Florence with us. The decision wasn't hard for me at all, the mare was a fierce competitor and complimented my riding skills nicely. But I felt a little guilty for having 3 horses to ride while Eve had 2. However, she later assured me that it was fine and that she will be riding a J.O.P.S horse. Afterwards, I didn't feel as bad and resumed to packing my belongings.

For once there wasn't doubt in my mind. The J.O.P stables was filled with amazing riders but this time I chose to be fearless and not intimidated. Nothing good comes out of it. Going to Holloway showed me that I shouldn't be scarred of change, but to embrace it.

Beauty releases a huff as if he was also thinking the same thing. We would be fine as long as we all stick together. Eve had said earlier in the week that 'friendships last forever' and she was right. We had our horses and we had each other.

"Come on Ash, what's taking so long" Eve calls down the isle from the front of the barn.

I roll my eyes at her impatience and grin.

"Jeez woman, I'm coming" I laugh as I lead Beauty out of his stall and to the awaiting horse float.

Beauty eyes it but shockingly enough, he still follows me. It made me beam knowing that my horse had so much faith in me. As I put a jacket of mine in with him so he doesn't fret, I grin widely. When ever I thought about the fact that he's mine I would get giddy and excited. I was so proud. The other day he was happy for me to jump on bareback. I only rode him for a short while but he didn't put a foot wrong and only fed off my confidence.

"I'll see you soon my beautiful boy" I said, giving him a massive hug and a kiss goodbye.

As the trailer is shut and locked, I'm hesitant to watch it go. But soon enough it was half way down the drive way and Eve slung her arm over my shoulder. The horses would be taken to the airport and flown to Ontario since the road trip would take to long. Myself and Eve had a flight to catch as well.

"I'm going to miss this place" I mutter as I turn to look at Holloway.

"It'll always be here for as long as I live, you have the inheritance to thank for that" Eve joked, making me laugh.

"Come on ladies, you're going to be late for your flight" Chèrry says nudging us towards the car like a mother duck.

As we all pile in and the engine starts, anticipation builds.

This was it, the next step of our lifes which could determine what paths we take... With the Olympics being a very real option for us now, we had to work as hard as ever. Going to J.O.P.S will surely help us with that, and the thought had me smiling.

We could make our dreams reality...

We got the horses to do it, now it's up to us to deliver.